3

"Will my sister be fine?", Gale asked the women silently while she sat down next to her. Frigga smiled down at her and nodded.

"I hope so. She's a brave Valkyrie." 

"What is a Valkyrie?", Gale asked and felt stupid but Friggas smile only got wider. Now the old man, the 'Allfather' turned to Gale and Thor.

"Valkyries are fighters and protected Asgard until 3000 years ago when almost all of them were killed in a fight.", Odin explained to the little girl and Thor. "Your mother sadly lost her live in this war too. Both you and your sister were the only Valkyries who did not fight because you were too young. After your mother's death your sister asked for a safe place on Midgard, on Earth as you call it. Frigga had a vision of you in the future so I decided, with your permission of course, to transport you to the year 2007 on Earth." 

"How comes no one remembers them, Father?", Thor asked surprised. 

"Lady Erika wished for a safe and normal life for her sister.", Frigga explained softly. "In order to do that Odin erased all memories of the both of them in your heads."

"Are wings a part of being a Valkyrie?", Gale asked while excitement filled her voice because the only words she understood were Earth and Death. 

Sadly Gale couldn't mourn over her mother's death because she couldn't even remember her. The little Valkyrie hoped her sister would make it afraid of being alone. 

"Valkyries themselves usually don't have wings, my dear.", Frigga explained and exchanged a look with Odin who just nodded softly. "When your sister, Lady Erika, was informed about your mother's death she immediately travelled to the battlefield in order to find your mother's body." As Frigga explained a single tear rolled down her cheek as if she remembered it like it was yesterday. Gale stood up because she was too small for the high table and softly grabbed the Queens hand.

Odin continued. "When she found your mother, her loyal Pegasus tried to shield her from the arrows and was severely injured himself. Lady Erika found him knowing he couldn't be healed so she freed him from the pain. When your sister redeemed every Pegasi who couldn't be saved and brought those who could back to the Palace, the remaining Pegasi thanked her by gifting Lady Erika and Lady Gale wings."

Gale gulped and suddenly her whole view of her sister changed. She knew Erika was a selfless women and cared sometimes too much about people but now everything changed. 

"So why didn't we have those when we were on Earth?", Gale asked and for the first time she felt like she didn't know where she belonged to.

"In order to keep you safe on Earth I hid your wings. The moment you stepped foot on Asgard you were home again, so there's no need to hide.", Odin explained. Home? Was Asgard really Gale's home? 

When Frigga lead Gale to her own personal room both of them were silent. Many people greeted Frigga friendly but threw a curious look at Gale and her wings making her feel anxious. Should this really be her home if she was looked at like an animal in a zoo? Of course Frigga noticed and softly caressed the girls hair making her relax under her touch. 

Gale didn't know why but she felt safe in the Allmothers presence. 

"Here. Your room, my dear. If you want to see your sister, she's right next to you.", Frigga said and gestured to the room next to her. Gale nodded and entered her new room wishing the Queen a good night. 

When she closed the door behind her, she couldn't believe her eyes. The room was bigger than her apartment in New York and even bigger than the room she stayed in in the Avenger's tower. The first thing she noticed was the big bed in the middle of the room and she immediately ran towards it. She realized she was too small to climb onto it as she was only 6-years old and decided to solve that problem later. 

The next thing catching her eyes was a big closet and as she reached for the handle she had to use her whole height which wasn't much, she realized. Inside the closet it felt like another room and she softly touched the dresses hanging there. She reached for a simple nightgown and freed herself from her clothes. When she tried to put the nightgown on she almost couldn't do it because of her wings, wishing for her sister to help her. When she finally did it she ran back to the bed and climbed on top of a chair to the bed. 

She covered herself with the bedsheets but still felt cold. Her eyes filled with tears as she wished for her sister to sing her a lullaby to sleep. Right now she felt so lonely she even wished for Natasha or Clint to tell her a bedtime story. Gale was close to ask the Queen about a story to help her sleep but decided not to, thinking it would make her look weak. 

When she was laying on her side she looked at her wings for the first time closely. They were small like herself and when she stroke the feathers they shook in pleasure making the girl chuckle. As if they knew she felt lonely they hugged her small body and waved her back and forth until she finally fell asleep.