15

"They're gone?", Erika asked for the hundredth time not wanting to believe the warlock in front of her. 

"All I can say I don't feel Loki's nor Thor's presence on this earth anymore. Odin's gone as well.", Strange explained. 

"Maybe they're dead.", Natasha assumed. 

"Let's hope our grumpy cat stays dead for once.", Tony said but immediately shut up when Erika shot him an angry look. 

She couldn't believe they just left her and Gale on Midgard. But why? To be honest she wouldn't be surprised if Loki did this but Thor would never leave them behind, right? 

"We need to find them. They could be in danger.", Erika demanded. Her voice seemed strong but her hands were trembling. What would happen to Asgard if the princes were dead? Or if Odin was dead? 

"I can help you locate them.", Strange offered knowing Erika was not capable of thinking straight right now. "But I can't teleport you there. If they are off Earth I don't know if my powers are enough to transport you through the universe." 

"You could take a jet of ours.", Stark offered. His generous offer surprised Erika and for once she didn't see him as an arrogant asshole. 

"He's right. We should at least thank you for helping us during the Battle of New York.", Steve added and gave Erika a small smile. 

"Does that mean, I have to say goodbye now?", Gale asked sad about the fact she only saw Natasha for a few minutes. Seeing the sad look on her sister's face Erika kneeled down in front of her and caressed her hair. 

"You can stay here, if you want. It'd be safer here and you could spend loads of time with Natasha."

"But then I have to leave you.", Gale whispered and threw her small arms around her sister's waist. "I'll come with you." 

Somehow Erika was relieved she wouldn't leave her sister on Midgard but another part of her wanted to know Gale was safe. 

A few hours later both Gale and Erika were ready to take off. Tony Stark had shown her how to fly this thing while Strange helped her locate the princes. The spell was easier than she thought but she would have to do it alone from now on. 

Watching Gale say goodbye to Natasha and Steve Erika just wanted to fly away without her sister. Maybe it would have been better this way but on the other hand she needed her sister. Without her she'd be a wrack. 

"Thank you, for everything.", Erika said to the whole group not sure how to say goodbye. Steve took the decision away from her when he politely shook her hand. Natasha quickly hugged her while Tony Stark just said 'Don't die.' 

"Remember, don't overwork your powers.", Strange told her one last time, a sentence she had heard a lot the last few hours. Strange hugged her as well and together Gale and Erika stepped into the jet. 

It was Erika's first time flying such a thing but she knew with a bit of magic it would be easier. As long as the jet would take her to the others or back to Asgard, she'd be fine. 

Watching Gale wave happily to the others when they took off, Erika felt as if she was on the way to a holiday trip. Sadly, she figured, it would be nothing like a holiday. With a smile Gale turned around.

"So which song do you wanna listen to first?" 

The next few hours were filled with loud music while they made their way through space. At first Gale had sang to the music loudly not caring if she sang the wrong lyrics. Then she stood at the window and watched the stars passing by.