10

Erika couldn't help but smirk when she saw Odin's shocked face. The guards held her tight but she knew she could easily fight them. But she didn't want to. 

"I didn't expect such thing from you.", the Allfather said disappointed. He turned away from the Warriors Three and Sif towards Erika. "From you, I did." 

"It's my pleasure fulfilling your expectations, Allfather.", Erika said with the fakest smile on her face making her friends gasp. It was the first time she spoke like that in front of them but Odin was used to it. 

Odin motioned a guard towards him. He whispered something to him and the guard nodded, immediately leaving the room. When Erika watched his back disappearing behind a corner she had a weird feeling in her stomach. 

"If this were normal conditions I wouldn't be able to tolerate this.", Odin said. "I understand your sacrifices were made for the sake of Asgard. This is why I will proceed with your punishment when Malekith is overpowered. For now you shall have my mercy. Now go." 

Shocked all of them left the room. As soon as the doors closed behind them they broke out in cheers. 

"We did it!", Volstagg said happily. "Let's hope they make it back." 

"We should celebrate this. Let's go!", Sif yelled and pulled Erika with her. All of them were going to a nearby bar. While all of them were drinking a lot Erika held back still shocked about Odin's decision. She expected him to put them in the dungeon. Maybe, she thought, there was still a king in there she once wished for. 

Erika tried her best to distract herself from this weird feeling she had since yesterday. Her body felt different than before but she didn't know what it was or what to do. 

When the evening came many guards and Asgardians came to this bar as well. Everyone talked about today forgetting a bit about the fact they shot at each other. Erika stood up to get some fresh air but she was suddenly stopped by Magnus. She didn't even notice he was there before. 

"Hey!", he said excited and a bit drunk already. Then he quickly added. "Lady Erika. Sorry, I seem to lose my manners." 

"It's okay.", Erika replied. She wasn't used to Asgardian formalities yet so she didn't really care. Magnus lead her to a table where three other guards sat at. One she recognized as one guard she knocked out on the other ship with Fandral. Another one was the guy Odin whispered to before and the other she didn't know. 

"You must be Lady Erika. It's a pleasure to be blessed wit your company.", the guard she didn't know said. He grabbed her hand and kissed the back of it. She didn't say anything back because she was way too disgusted by the way this guy looked at her. 

She sat down next to Magnus since she knew he wouldn't touch or look at her inappropriately. 

"So this is Niklas.", Magnus said and pointed at the guard Odin whispered to. Erika immediately felt something was weird about him. He had a specific aura she couldn't describe. Then Magnus pointed at the guy who kissed her hand before. "This is Enri." Then he pointed to the last guy. "That's Alec." 

"Sorry for knocking you out earlier.", Erika said but started laughing. Alec waved it off. 

"You and Fandral did a good job. I'm honored to be knocked out by a Valkyrie." 

They laughed a lot and Erika forgot about her concerns. She drank a bit but still made sure she wasn't as wasted as the others. Sometimes Enri tried to flirt with her but Magnus always stopped him when he saw Erika was uncomfortable. Alec and Magnus were really funny and tried to embarrass each other with stories. Niklas on the other hand didn't talk much but still smiled a little.

A few minutes later Magnus and Alec were both sleeping peacefully on the table. Actually most of the Asgardians were sleeping since it was already late at night. Erika stood up to go back to her room and said good night to the others. 

"A beautiful lady like you shouldn't walk alone in the night.", Enri lulled and tried to stand up but fell on the floor. Over...nothing. Good job, buddy. Then Niklas stood up as well. He didn't seem drunk a bit. 

"He may be a jerk but he's right." 

"I'm sure I can go home alone.", Erika replied but Niklas shook his head. 

"Please allow me to join you on the walk to your room. Trust me, I know you can handle yourself.", Niklas said but immediately added. "Can you say no to the offer of a gentleman?" 

"Yes I can.", Erika said but started laughing. "Let's go. I'm tired. What about the others?" 

"They'll be fine." 

Together they made their way back to the palace. It was cold but for some reason Erika wasn't freezing as usual. One time she almost considered asking Niklas about this weird feeling she had around him but then stopped herself. I'll sound stupid, she thought, maybe I am stupid. 

"Do you know what happened to the others in the Dark World?", Erika asked. She wasn't sure if the guard would know about such an information but she wanted to make sure Thor and Jane would be safe. A little part in her also wished for Loki to be safe. 

"Thor and Jane arrived on Midgard. They somehow managed to defeat Malekith.", Niklas explained surprising her. She felt relief in her body when she heard Jane and Thor were safe. But the next words exited her mouth without much thought. 

"What about Prince Loki?" 

Niklas stopped himself and looked down for a moment. Erika had already a feeling what he was about to say but didn't dare to break the silence. 

"He died for his brother.", Niklas then said and met her eyes as if he wanted to see her reaction. Shocked Erika took a few moments to understand what he just said. Loki was dead. 

They continued walking but every time Niklas tried to talk to her she'd just nod or agree. Her mind was far away. Soon both reached her room and Erika thanked Niklas for his offer. His eyes fell on her wings and for the first time in a while she didn't feel annoyed by the gazes on her wings instead of her. Niklas' eyes were full of joy and sparkled. 

It reminded her of someone but she couldn't quite recall of whom. 

The moment she closed her bedroom door behind her she sank down on her knees. She didn't know why Loki's death was making her so emotional but her heart felt weak. 

Erika didn't know either that Niklas was leaning on the other side of her door quietly listening to her breathing. He wanted to hold her even if he didn't know why. He wanted to tell her the truth. 

That Loki was alive. 

That he was Loki. 

But then he stood up and walked away before the first person could see him still eager to fulfil his plans.