Prologue - The Valkyrie's Legacy

The world around her seemed to collapse. A look outside the window told her the bad feeling she had the last few days was right. The women's brown eyes widened when she spotted the huge aliens entering her world through a portal. 

She knew there wasn't much time left. 

Within a few steps she reached her little sisters room. Luckily she stayed in there like she was told and looked at the woman with big doe eyes. 

"I'll have to leave. So be a good girl and stay here.", the older said with tears in her eyes knowing this could be their last moment. 

"What about you?", her sister asked innocently and scared. 

Smiling softly while caressing the younger ones hair she replied. "I'll try to save the world."  

-------------------------------------------------------

The battle of New York became more intense with every passed second. The six heroes or as they are called, the Avengers, were standing in a circle preparing for the showdown. 

Unbeknownst to them a woman in the middle of the city is making it her job to help them. She pulls out her sword and tries her best to protect innocent people from the aliens. Holding her sword tighter she watches as with the last man being safe in a building, the street empties. 

Praying her sister would be alright and safe she runs to the middle of the street and turns to a Chitauri. The sword in her hand felt strange because she hasn't used it in a few years but to her luck her body remembered the trained movements and within seconds she killed a Chitauri. Now finally feeling safer with her sword she turned to the next one. 

Meanwhile both Thor and Captain America were struggling to keep up with the hoard of Chitauri. While the God of Thunder mowed down dozens of aliens with his Hammer, Mjölnir, Captain America made sure the last thing the Chitauri saw before their death was his shield. 

"I can close the portal!", Natasha Romanoff suddenly screamed through the earpiece. As Captain America opened his mouth to shout a response another voice spoke up.

"No! I got a nuclear coming. And I know right where to put it.", Tony Starks voice could be heard by the heroes. Knowing this could be his last action Tony Stark or as other people call him, Iron Man, pulled up the bomb with his suit and led the bomb through the portal.

Both Captain America and Thor killed the last Chitauri and watched as Iron Man disappeared in the portal. Counting down the seconds left till the explosion Captain America spoke: "Close the portal."

In the last moment before the portal was completely closed a red and golden figure fell through it. The heroes were relieved but immediately alarmed when the figure didn't slow down. As Thor was ready to fly up with his hammer the Hulk caught the man with ease and put him on the ground. 

A few seconds it was silent and the heroes thought they were to late but as the Hulk angrily screamed at Tony Stark he widened his eyes in shock. The Avengers were glad he made it and as Thor helped him stand up and walk back to the tower the God of Thunder had a strange feeling in his chest.

No one knew a woman was laying unconscious on the floor while bricks had fallen down on top of her.

Hello everyone! 

Welcome to my Loki fanfiction. This story takes place mostly in Thor: The dark world and Thor: Ragnarök, so be prepared for spoilers if you haven't seen them yet. 

Most of the time it takes me months to finish a story but half of this ff was written in about one week, which I'm really proud of. 

All actions of this story were created by my imagination and if it seems familiar of another story, I promise it's coincidence. 

Feel free to comment and give feedback or correct me if I missed something. 

With this being said, I hope you enjoy reading this! 

Have fun xD