chapter 24

GhChapter 24

Mark's Provo
I knew she would ask questions but not this soon. Fuck why did Aiden book the hotel room under Kingwood?
"Why did you book under my name " I could feel the trembling in his voice before he uttered a word.
" I.."
"sorry right," I sighed. He was bound on ruining me.
" I forgot, my wife was in the hospital that day and I had a lot of things going on and I just.."
"you are fired" I dropped the call was he serious what if his wife was sick couldn't he do something right for once. I hate PA. They don't do their work correctly, they don't do whatever they are told.
I stole a glance at Mona. Her back was exposed. I smirked as her hips swayed back and forth. How those hips make me feel. The first week is all about us, us having our alone time.
"mark comes here" IVY'S screeched from behind.
"coming" I shoved my phone into my pocket. dashed towards her.
"missed me already" I watched as her cheeks turned pink. Her eyes averted from mine.
"no" her words betrayed her, I wanted so bad to let my eyes meet hers, to know what she is thinking. I am angry yes for trying to dig information using sex but I can't get angry for long. I am getting addicted to her presence, to her scent. I won't be able to let her go after these two weeks. How will I wake up without her beside me? I want to make love to her every night. Huh??... did I just say make love, to my niece? What has gotten into me?
" you ok" I nodded as I watched her settle into my lap. Come to think of it. I think I should punish her a little for trying to act smart with me. I swayed my gaze to meet her intense ones. Her innocence clouded me, does she know she can make me lose my mind just by one glance.
" I know what you were trying to do inside " I felt her tense in my arms. Her head lowered
" mark .. l..." she sighed. She was so fragile yet she knew how to seduce me, how to make me a complete man.
"look at me" she flinched at my tone this is the second time she flinched at my tone. I didn't mean for it to be harsh. The last thing I need is her being scared of me.
Something constricted inside of me as her elevated gaze showed fear. Was she afraid of me now?
Her eyes, there never looked at me like that. I know I have been having issues recently but she is the last person I want to verge my anger on. Business anger of that matter. The charity event is just a cover-up of the links I want and I must get them.
" I have a business call, we will talk later" she nodded her head as she unhooked herself from me. I felt the cold, the loneliness, when she left her trembling hands, didn't go notice by me what made her so afraid. Was I that harsh?
I strode to my office.
An hour later, I had done nothing, no phone call, nothing. Everything was just pissing me off. And the worst part was that I could not get her out of my mind. The fear in her eyes, her trembling hands. I closed the laptop in front of me as I made my way to our suit.
There she stood, gazing at the view. It's a beautiful sight I must say. I should take her to see the falls.
" can we talk" those words left my mouth before analysing them? What were we going to talk about? About her eyes, what exactly.
"Sure" sure, her saying sure just sure. She never says a one-word answer. She rambles every time. It's either she is stuttering or she is renting.
She turned to face me, her lashes wet. It's been an hour since she left the swimming pool. Was she crying? The thought of her crying, me.. making her cry. Was I the cause?
"What's wrong " She shook her head and laughed a little
"Nothing" nothing you say
It doesn't sound like anything to me.
"Don't lie to me," she averted her gaze, letting it wander everywhere but not me.
" I. it's not like that ... it's just hard " she looked up, trying to hide the tears clouding her eyes.
" I am listening " I strode towards, leaving an inch between us.
"Talk to me" she clung to my shirt, her body shaking violently.
"Shhhhh it's ok, I am here. If I did something wrong babe don't cry. Don't do this ok. Just tell me. Let me in please " I stroke her head. Never had I had any idea I would be in this kind of situation especially with her, with the girl I.
"It's not you, I just miss my dad Mark. Sometimes I think people take advantage of me because I don't have a father. Because they know I don't have someone to protect me " I sniffed her hair.
I felt like she meant me.
" Don't say that Mona don't " I know the feeling of not having a father, of not knowing who he is. But I can't tell her that.
" If only you could understand Mark how I feel when people talk about their dads " Was she using this as a trick to get me to talk, to let her in on my past.
"Trust me I do" if that is the case she won't find out. I will rather die with the truth rather than tell her. Rather than tearing the family apart.
"You don't " She screamed.
" Trust me you don't, do you know how my dad's memories hunt me in my sleep. Do you know how I try by all means to stay away from that topic?"
What happened to your love. Who made you remember such.