chapter 42

Chapter 43
Mark's Provo
My phone rang. I let it ring for some time before answering it. It had been ringing for hours I can wait for 60 seconds more.
“ Hello, it's Lisa! Ivy Stroked_,”
An hour later I was navigating through the body road to get to the hospital. I cursed. If only I had taken more care when it came to her.
“ Move your piece of shit!” I shouted at the street vendor.
“ People don’t know how to be cautious,” I commented. The tires of the car screeched on the gravel road as I sped past the hospital.
I rushed out of the car after a few minutes and headed towards the reception.
“ IVY, where is she? She was brought here a few hours ago_" I looked at the receptionist. I glanced at my hands, they were shaking, sweats dotted on my palms.
I felt air depart from my lungs.
“ Where is she!” I shouted at her. She looked at me then that hehe computer.
“ Her full name please?” she asked, her honey voice laced with ignorance.
“ To hell with courtesy, “ I said and marched to every ward. I needed to find her at all costs.
I dashed from one ward to the other and I didn’t fault to notice the trail of guards behind me.
“ Ivy?” I called lit to every room I opened.
I stopped in my tracks as I watched her lying lifeless on the stretcher.
“ Ivy?” My voice was a mare whisper. Things had changed, she had changed in a short period.
“Babe_" I called out to her, walking slowly until I reached her. Lisa and Clara were present. I walked past them, they were the last people I wanted to see at that very moment.
“ Babe-" I reached for her hand.
“ She is asleep Mark, give her time “ I didn’t know who had said that nor did I pay attention to the door that was flung open.
“ sir you need to come with us,” I scoffed at the voice. I turned
“ It’s ok, he is family” Lisa answered. She forced a tight smile.
I looked back at Ivy, she was a vegetable again. Had I not done enough in this life to cause her so much pain.
“ babe wake up please, don’t leave me again-"
“ She isn’t dead, they just cleaned her system, hence the weakness and why she is asleep, not dead!” after everything Clara still had a foul mouth.
I stared at the mother of my child lying on the bed. I sighed.
“Clara, let them be, they’re just kids.” I shook my head
My stomach ached, and my muscles were throbbing. She was just lying there.
“ Ahh," I hissed. What I was feeling was a mare noun of the word fear. I felt like I was dying Ahh"
at that moment I made a decision, a decision I would not regret.
IVY’S Provo
I heard the buzzing noise of people and sighed. I pulled the cover up covering my face and groaned at the uncomfortable feeling.
I opened my eyes slightly, and let them adjust to the bright light.
I looked at the far wall, where the old clock was but alas it wasn’t there. I swayed my gaze to where the dressing table was but it wasn’t there.
I froze as the smell of medicine hit me.
“ where am I?” I whispered as I jolted upright. A sharp pain shot through my arm and I hissed. I looked at it and a drip had been given to men how ironic.
I sighed. I needed answers as to why I was here. The last thing I remember was getting back from the park with Lisa. My head was spinning then, my forehead had been fitted with sweats. She had told me to go and sleep and I had.
I removed the sheet from my body. I stretched my legs and froze. My legs weren’t responding. I reached for them, touched them but I couldn’t feel a damn thing. My breath hitched and quickened.
“ This must be a dream, “ I said to myself. I pinched my legs but I could not feel anything. I grabbed the pen that was near and jabbed my legs.
“ Nothing!” tears streamed down.
“ what have I done…” I choked on my tears. I was back at the hospital but this time I had lost my legs.
Reality struck in and I screamed. I screamed as hard as I can. As loud as my voice could go.
I watched as a team of nurses rushes in.
“ calm down Miss, it's all right. “ one of them said. But it wasn’t all right. I could not feel my legs. How was that ok. A year back and I had lost my womb, and now…
I felt a sharp pain in my arm. I looked at the nurse who had injected me.
She didn’t spare a glance at me and as she scribed something down. I felt my eyes getting drowsy. My eye leads getting heavy and I stumbled back into unconsciousness.
There is nothing worse than knowing that you did self-harm and that you could not walk. I felt like the most idiot person on earth. Clara did nothing but throw insults here and there.
I saw my life at the e d of the thread. I had stopped out of school, I could no longer walk nor beseech any more children and the one I had, Mark had made sure that I font see her.
But it was for the best that, My child would have a better life without me. She would live a luxurious life, one that I could not live.
It was better that way.
The next few weeks passed within a blink of an eye. Well-wishers have beending flowers, gifts, chocolates and notes every day I started thinking of bettering myself. Of trying what the doctors were saying.
I started going for sessions, therapy sessions.
I had my doubts before, doubt about washing my linen in public, but the doctor didn’t make me feel that was. Instead, I felt comfortable, felt like I could tell him anything. He didn’t judge me nor did he criticize me.
“ Hello, I am Mrs Devyn and I going to do some exercises with you, yeah “ and that was the beginning of my journey to recovery.
Step by step I was recovering, mentally, emotionally and physically. And this was the beginning of my journey to take my child from Mark. She was mine as she was his. My blood was running in her veins as well. And I was going to take her back. And that was a promise I made myself.
Mark’s Provo
A year had passed and Ivy was taking treatment and our daughter was now two years and a half.
“ Daddy_" she burst into the room, her dark sleek hair bouncing about.
“ Don’t run in the house,” I carefully said. She stopped and looked at me, her brown eyes twinkling.
Her small hands clutched her back. For a minute I thought my love was in the room
She thinned her lips and smiled.
“ I wasn’t running. “ she waved her little hand about.
“ what were you doing then?” I7 asked. She looked everywhere but not me and she smiled that big smile.
“ I was just-" she posed, looking for words
“ you were just?”
“ Looking for you, I am tired of eating alone. “ She slanted her head and let rest on her shoulder.
I sighed.
“ Is that all young lady?” she scoffed. All I could be just staring at her. I had been absent in her life to not notice her changing attitude.
“ Is that all young lady “ she mimicked and sneered?
“ I want to go to the park later this day with Angela “ she looked at me.
“ Are you coming or not?” she turned and walked away.
I dashed out of the room following her. I watched as she eats. She had no table manners and her posture was just wrong.
“ When you are done, go to your room need to talk to your nanny, she has some explanations to do.” She huffed and walked away.
I strode to Engy's room. I knocked twice before she opened.
I stared at her, at her bosom. The swell of flesh that rose on top of her top. Lust clinched my manhood. Wondering what it would be like to dip my mouth on those two step sisters that seemed to invite me.
But that was not my mission. I had lost Ivy to that lust and I was going to fall into that trap again.
I swayed my gaze to her legs, her short skirt did nothing to justify my lust.
“ do you always wear something short?” my voice choked. She smiled
“ not always, come in..” she left the door and strode back into her room all the thoughts I had left at the door as I strode in n, my dick jerking at her swaying her ass like that.