chapter 27

Chapter 27

Chapter 26
IVY’S Provo
“ When were you going to tell me ” my chest stood up, challenging the mother that gave me life  the mother that brought me into this world
“tell you what Ivy” her face was crooked,  innocent and confusion plastered her small face.
“mom doesn't act dumb with me” I swore under my breath.
“ I am sorry dear, I didn't mean to keep it from you. The whole bankruptcy thing,  the house being auctioned.  We have to move. Mark said it's ok if we go and stay with him until we are back on our feet” I felt the ground swaying, giving me up.  I stumbled to get hold of support.
“dear,” she dashed to give me support.
“ This is why I didn't tell you about it. You are still young.  You can't handle such” I sighed as I unhooked her from me.
“ what more secrets are you hiding from me” I felt my voice boom inside the house.
“ Pheww do you know what I went through looking for you Ivy” Mark's voice boomed behind me. I checked my head, giving myself a better view of the person I thought, told was my uncle.
“ Mom why didn't you tell me, why didn't you tell me Mark was my brother not my uncle” I watched as the colour drained from her face. She sat back, her hands clasped together.
“ Why did all of you hide it from me, did you think it wasn't important or I was too young to comprehend it ”
She shook her head.
“you won't understand Ivy” She briskly  wiped a teardrop
“Then make me understand ” I felt the screeching of my voice. I needed her to deny the allegations. to tell me that he is my uncle not my brother. that whatever happened in the past never happened
“You won't talk to your mother like that ” Granny spat.
“Give me one good reason why I shouldn't. And you Mark why are you standing there.  You don't look surprised.  You knew about this.” He nodded his head. That was it that was the end, the end of the world for me. He knew yet he slept with me, he fucked me every chance he got. Ooh, how loose I am. How disgusting I am. All I could hear was my sister's voice calling me a whore. she had warned me. she had tried her part as a little sister but what had I done.
“Ivy listens to me” his voice was soft yet irritating.  I can't believe that was the voice I used to yarn for.
“Don't touch me” I moved away from Mark, how he got close to me. I have no idea but this would be the last time he will come as close to me.
“Let me explain. I ” I shook my head.
“I am done with all your lies, and secrets.  What more are u hiding from me.”
“Why are you getting hooked up by this issue” I swayed to my grandmother.  You won't understand. I want to tell you so badly that Mark owns my heart, that I fell in love with him the very first time my gaze fell on him.
“ Because she didn't tell me the truth, the truth that she was raped when she was nineteen and had a baby for that man”  I shook my head.
“Do Lizzy and Terry know about this” She shook her head. How disgusting
“I need water” I strode to the kitchen, and filled my glass with water.  My family is messed up. I am messed up. They kept the truth from me. I felt rage inside of me. The noise of something breaking snatched me back to reality. Mark stood at the door watching me keenly.
“What” he pointed to where a broken glass was. I swayed my eyes to my hands, nothing, nothing was in my hands.
“Mona, calm down. ”  I looked at him through narrowed lashes.
“I have a name and that is Ivy. ” I let my hands run in my hair.
“What exactly should I call you, brother,  uncle or lover ” He just watched,  he stood there like a eucalyptus,  seeing me this hurt yet he did nothing. He knew, yet he fucked me
“Answer me” I grabbed a plate that was near and threw it at him. He ducked and it fell on the floor. I felt the need to grab another one.  I felt strong arms embrace me.
“Calm down tiger.  It's ok” No it's not ok. You took my virginity,  my brother took my virginity.  Yet he tells me it's ok. He snatched my heart from yet he says this. Does he feel the same way I feel? The same way I long for him.
“Let me go”
“no” he whispered in my ear. I felt
my knees weaken.
Are you crazy, you have to feel weak in the knees at this point
I mustered all the strength I could and pushed him away, away from me,  from my beating heart, from my bleeding heart.
“I hate you with all that's within me. I hate you, Mark. I hate all the moments we shared. I hate falling in love with you. I hate myself for allowing you in my heart” I shook my head as I tried not to spill tears.
“you knew yet you kept me in the dark.  Not once, not even a single moment did you think of telling me the truth but fucking me, you could not stop. You fucked me every single time you got the chance” I smiled sarcastically.
“Have a good day Mr Kingwood if that is your real surname ” I strode to where granny and mom were.
“so mother, when are we moving to Mark's place” she just stared at me.
“are you ok ivy” you should have thought of that before covering a shameful secret from me.
“Yeah, why won't I be. Infect I am happy to know that Mark is my elder brother” I smiled at her. She shook her head