chapter 7

"What happened?"  I asked Mark whose car had suddenly stopped. I watched as he removed his sitbelt and stepped out of the car. 
" let me go and check " I nodded as I remained in the car.  Scared of getting out. It was in the middle of nowhere. I sighed as I checked my phone. It had been good five hours on the road and I was beggining to think aunt Lisa had sent us on wild goose .

  I looked out the window toward the darkening sky, it was going to rain soon. It always rains on Easter.
" did you find the problem Mark? " I caller out as I pipped through the window.
" no, maybe if you come out we find it sooner ." he remarked. I sighed dramatically as I plopped back onto the set.
" no thank you, I don't want to be devoured by wild animals, I am safe here" I said as I wind up the window .
I heard him chuckle as he opened the bonnet.
He cursed slowly and came back inside.
" find the problem? "  he nodded
" yeah , something happened in the gear box. I need to call the machanic" I nodded my head.
" its going to rain soon" I remarked. He looked out through the window.
" yeah it is " he said as he pulled out his phone from his pocket.
" Let me make a quick call then ." I watched as he dialed the number .

" all done, they will be here a few minutes " he remarked as he adjusted his seat.
" if you don't mind I am going to sleep Mona" I stared at him, shock evedent on my face.

" here? Right now?" He nodded his head
" in the middle of nowhere?" I asked . he only nodded his head. I swayed my eyes to the forest that was nearby. I sighed.
" Mark are you crazy? " he groaned and turned tgr other way, his back facing me.
" woman let me sleep " he said.

I swallowed hard  as my nerves kicked in. What if someone comes and take Mr away or an animal.
" Mark_" I called out to him.
" Mark " I whispered but there was no reply rather he was already snoring.
" for the gods!" I cursed as I locked the windows and doors.  It was going to rain soon.
I sighed,
" there all done."

I checked the time and it was alreadyvlast four, the sun was going to go down soon. And this man that calls himself my uncle was  fast asleep.

I groaned in annoyances.
" stop fidgeting, I can't sleep" I stared at him. He was awake all this time? I glanced at his chest , his breathing was even , his eyes shut.
"  stk " I clicked my tongue as I reached for his arm. My hand made contact  with his bare arm. The sound of the slap  ringing in the car.

" what the hell?" He said as he got up.
" what was that for?" He asked. I scoffed st his reaction. My palms were sweating, my body was numb because of him.
" do you know how scared I was? I have never been out here on my own and considering that we are in the middle of nowhere! "

I felt tears clouding my vision hut I would not cry, he doesn't need to see them. They are mine and mine alone. Showing a man your tears will only reduce the girl to nothing.
" I didn't know " I nodded my headed.
" excuse me" I said as I stepped out of the car.

I felt the fresh air cooling down my nerves. I took in a deep breath. More n were the same, they are pretenders just like my father. My father was onluba man in the house,  a hideous monster in the bedroom when he was with my mother. The scares he had left her with had not gone unoticed by me. When he was outside the house, with his friends , he had a line of mistresses waiting for him.

" Look I didn't know you were scared " I had not noticed him getting out of the cars and coming to where  was standing.

" I said its fine" I tried to cutk my lips into a thin smile

" you do not like fine " he said as he reached for a few strands of hair that had escaped from the bun.
"  I really didn't know, you seem tough , I thought you could handle it" he thought?  He never once again me how I feel being in the middle of nowhere.

The tears I have been trying to hold in freely cascaded down my lean cheeks. I reached for the pin that was holding my hair together and pulled it out. Midnight hair covered my face from Mark.
" hey hey" I heard him move closer to me
" don't do that" I heard him say as hr pulled me closer to him.
" don't cry babe, I wasn't asleep, I was just thinking OK " he said as his arms embraced me, caging me. His  colgone feeling my senses. I felt safe in his arms, felt like a belong here, in his arms.
" there don't cry" he said as he patted my back,
" I won't sleep if you ain't safe OK" I nodded my head as I buried my self deeper into him.
" shh now " his voice was low and husky.
His hands were at the back of my spin, resting there. Where ever his hand reached I felt heat , heat that was quickly spreading to my core that was already throbbing.

" I am OK now" I said as I took a step away from him, from his intoxicating body.
" are you sure?" I nodded my head. I was never emotional unless my periods were kicking in. I cursed under my breath.
" yeah I am, ohh look the guys are here " I said ad I pointed at the car that had parked next to our car.
" we need to talk after this, I need to know what else would make you cry so that I can avoid it, are we clear?" I nodded my head.
" now be a good girl and get into the car. Let me fix this" I nodded again as I got in and wired for him to finish.

" the mechanic is here", I remarked.
" Finally," he said
I nodded as well.
I watched as they interacted, I watched him sigh in pie frustration.
". get out of the car, they are going to pull the car to their garage. the drive shaft is broken, we will have to spend the night at an inn or something" he said,
I nodded I trailed him like a puppy.
" So how are we going to get there?" I said. the sky suddenly rumbled and a flash of lightning smeared the sky, illuminating dark clouds that hang low.
" For the love of God," he cursed.
" Mark?" I called out to him.
" hmm" he stopped to look at me
" How are we going to find an inn, it's Easter and most. places would be full." he nodded
" I get that, so let's hurry"
I groaned at his arrogance
we stepped into the inn, the warmth of it enclosing us. it had been exactly two hours we had been walking to get here and two more hours to get to the nearest inn. if we don't find shelter here I was going to pass out from hunger and cold.
" Evening sir |Miss" the Receptionist called out.
" evening, we would like two rooms please," Mark said, his height towering over the receptionist.
" let me check if we still have any rooms left," she said as she looked at her desktop.
" mmm we don't have two rooms, we have only one," she said.
" we will take it" I announced. I need a bath, a hot bath. I did not care for the outcome of my decision
" and food if possible" she nodded and handed the jeys to Mark.