chapter 12

Chapter 12

Hey Lizzy, can I help you with anything.” as usual she was in the kitchen. She looked at me and smiled.
“sure sis grab anything you like ... It seems like you enjoyed yourself last night.” she giggled. Was it that visible? I felt blood rush to my face.
“ Why are you wearing a scarf. It's hot" she reached for my scarf.
“ No! I mean I feel cold you see. I don’t want to catch a cold. You know how it will be when I catch a cold. “ she nodded her head.
“ I understand “ I concentrated more on the carrots than on my inquisitive sister that was eyeing me like crazy.
“ok spill. What happened last night is.”
“ What do you mean? Nothing happened Lizzy.” my voice came as a whisper than I expected. What the hell, did it have to betray me now. No way was Lizzy going to believe that.
“haha, is you can't even lie to me. You are treble at that. First, you are wearing a scarf that means someone marked you and when you got back you were all excited ” I knew she was never gonna stop. And that was the minute Mark had to pass. He looked at me and he winked at me.
“No way, him! He is family.” her voice was low. She looked at me with that explain yourself, woman. I bit my lip.
“Sis, how could you, Mark Is mom's brother.”
“ I know Lizzy, I don't know. I just ... I mean it just happened OK. I didn’t mean for it to happen.” that is the truth though. I never planned to lose my virginity to my mother’s baby brother for crying out loud.
“What If mom gets to know of this, then what Ivy, do you know you can break all ties. Not only ties but you are going to be a factor of havoc in this family. We just got to see mom’s siblings two days ago and you went and banged her brother. I must applaud you for this.”
This was embarrassing, having your little sister scold you. I am older, I should be doing the scolding not the other way around. Doesn't she know I was scared too, of what the community would say and mom especially? She would never trust me or her brother. She would label me as the loose daughter.
“Then help me out, cover it.”
“until when Ivy? You do know somehow someone is going to find out about you two.”
Someone already did.
did she have to make this more disgusting than it was already?
“until we are done here. At least he won't be able to find me. I mean I would be in College by that time.” I pleaded with her.
“don’t get attached to him Ivy, it's already worse that you slept with him, just have the dignity of not getting attached to him and no more getting laid by him.”
“ok OK OK, I understand. No more.”
“promise.”
“ I promise.”
What did I just do to myself? Dear Lord, it's going to be hard not to get tempted. He passed by again and I was drooling over him.
“Ivy.” I knew she was disappointed. How was I going to endure the three days? How was I going to stop myself damn you Mark for doing this to me? Drooling every time I see him.
Aunt Lisa came and helped with lunch. I was glad that Mark decided not to show up. How was I going to I keep my hands to myself. We ate lunch peacefully. I cleared the dishes from the table as mom and aunt Lisa cleaned the kitchen. I had never seen my mom this happy ever since the divorce.
This was one of the reasons why Terry and mom never agreed on one thing. He has every reason for whatever his actions are.
“since the storm died, I was thinking of taking the girls for a ride.” Mark looked at me with lust in his eyes. No, not again. He sure was hungry, but he had just banged me in the morning. I giggled as I remembered teasing him.
“Anything you wanna share with us Ivy ” mom posed. Poor me. How was I going to survive?
“No mom. It's nothing.”
“sure, that didn't look like nothing to me.” hell what's wrong with this woman. Why can't she just let go sometimes? Don't get me wrong, I love my mom but she overdoes it sometimes.
“Mom she said it's nothing.” There was poison in his voice, anyone could detect it.
This was the first time Terry was taking my side. Most of the time he just ignores and walks away. I looked at her in surprise even Lizzy did. My jaws dropped.
“What?” he shrugged.
“Nothing” Lizzy and I said in unison. I wasn't close to Terry but him taking a stand for me meant a whole lot to mean.
“So can I take them,” Mark said?
“ Just make sure to keep your hands to yourself, “ Terry remarked.
Mom was about to argue as always when granny answered.
“Sure, they haven't been anywhere else other than this god foreskin house. Let them enjoy a little.” thumbs up to granny. I never thought she would convince my strong-headed mom.
“I..I...I..” Terry cut me.
“ I want to come to,” Terry said. This shocked everyone in the room. Terry .. Family outing, no no no sibling outing and possibly my future husband. Did I just future husband, ooh my God, I am a wasted sperm. What the hell.
Lizzy gave me that don't you dare spend time with him, remember what I told you to look. I sighed.
“mmm I can't go, I have an assignment I have to finish and submit.”
I watched Terry but mostly Mark get disappointed. He seems to have been looking forward to this. My heartbreak as I watched him. I am so sorry Mark but I can't do this, with you. I was torn apart.
“Cant you do it when we get back.” Mark's voice was so soft, forcing me to look at him. I got lost in them.
“I..I. ” Lizzy nibbled my side with her hand.
“No I can't, I need to finish it like now.” thanks sis for having my back.
“ I second that, ivy needs to do her homework he flashed his devilish smile. One smile I knew very well. Terry and Lizzy might not have discussed my encounter with Mark but they sure were trying to avoid any situation where he and I are alone.
I glanced at Mark and reality hit me hard. Mark was and is still like a drug to me, a drug that I always will want no matter what.
“It's fine ... I guess... Guys let's go, err don't want to miss the best wave right.” he glanced at me. I saw the pain in those eyes. All I just wanted to do was to destroy that pain, take it away from him. What was so special about the ride that he wanted Me to go.