chapter 25

Chapter 25
Mark's Provo
“ what happened ” I cooed my voice trying to soothe her
“father's day happened” I tried not to curse.
Father's Day huh
I had forgotten that thing existed.  I never celebrated it, I never got time with my dad,  fuck I never knew him. I never saw his face.
“ you will get over it soon, don’t try to think about it that much”
She continued to sniff in my arms, her arms hanging loose on my shoulders.
“it's ok, you are going to be ok. I will be there for you,  I will be like your dad trust me. I will try by all means to be like him. Shhh babe it's ok, don’t cry anymore. ” I rocked her back and forth, whispering soothing words. 
“come ” I led her to the bed, her eyes swollen and puffy.
“sit” she fumbled on the bed.  Got her eyes straight ahead, gazing into the void that had snatched her father from her.
I sighed as I removed her shoes.  That innocent cute face wasn't there anymore, a depressed-looking Ivy.
“thanks” she murmured under her breath as she got under the covers.
“Ivy”
“hmmm”
“ Promise me you won't cry anymore ” she nodded her head, but that was a lie she was crying under those covers.
“say it” she shook her head
“ I.   I .... can't ” she broke again. I kicked my shoes as I joined her on the bed. Scooped her closer to me. 
IVY'S Provo
Listening to his beating heart calmed me down, just being in his arms gave me a sense of protection,  a sense of safety.
“ Let it all out babe” I sighed as I snuggled closer to him, to feel his warmth radiating through me. I felt like a part of me wasn't close enough to him.
“Mark” I felt him tense beside me. His muscles became rigid.
“ yes” he planted a small kiss on my forehead.
“talk to me” he slides his hand to my face, removing the strands of hair.
“thank you” I felt my lips curl up, forming a small smile.
“ that is why I am here, to make you feel better, to be your stronghold.  ” but you don’t love me. You have never said it once. I want more than just you to be my stronghold, I want to be your heartbeat, to be yours.  To be called your property.
“ I am taking a nap” I heard him sigh.
“ sure rest sweetheart ”
I heard him as he made his way out of the room. 
A few minutes passed. I sighed in frustration as I tossed around.   Surely sleep wasn't going to invite itself.  I pushed myself out of bed and went to the reading desk where my laptop lay.
“Hmmm let's see,” I said as I searched  for something to do
“Huh  Victoria Falls” It seemed luxurious enough.
“Mark” He lowered lashes, his gaze burning me, undressing me.
“You are awake. ” I nodded my head 
“Yes,” He stood and strode towards me.
“What's wrong” I flinched as he tried to get hold of me.
“Nothing, can we go to the Falls, I mean Victoria Falls. I also want to see the bridal falls.”  I parted my lips, trying to form a smile but all that came out was a quick smirk.
“Now” He arched a brow.
“Yes,” I don’t care how selfish I become.  I just need to go out to get exposure. To get my mind from my dad's death.
“Ok let's go” His voice was laced with emotion,  he placed his hand on the lower of my back and led me out.
“This is nice”  I moved my gaze from the bridal falls to meet Mark's gaze.
“What is” I felt my throat drying up. My tummy churning dragons.
“You smiling like that.  I had missed this beautiful smile.  Did I ever tell you” He pushed a strand of hair out of my face?
“Tell me what”
“You have this beautiful smile that makes me forget a lot of things ” I felt blood rushing to my face tinting my rosy cheeks red.
“Thank you”
I said as I covered my cheeks with my tiny hands.
“What,” I said as I laughed.
He arched a brow.
“What what”
He flashed me that killer smile, showing those sexy dimples and teeth.
“Why are you looking at me like that” He moved closer, lowered his head and nibbled my ear lob
“How am I looking at you”   I felt his breath on my neck, the warmth spreading to my toes.
“ Like .. fuck Mark there are people,” I said as I pushed him away.
“I don’t care, don’t they have their own love lives to enjoy.” He said as he planted a kiss on my forehead.
“Now back to the real deal. How do l look at you” Like a piece of meat?
“Like that,” I said as pointed into his blue eyes.
“Ooh really now