What Brings You Here Today?

"So...what brings the two of you here today?" The marriage counselor asks the man, Patrick, and the woman, you, sitting across from her, opening her folder and reviewing their application.

Name(s): Patrick Stump and (Y/N)

Relationship Status: Dating for eight years, not married

Issue(s): Everything

She raises her eyebrow reading that and looks up at the couple who still hadn't answered her question. You are looking at Patrick whose head is turned away from you.

"Well?" The counselor inquires.

You glance over at her and reply, "My friend suggested we come here."

"And what problems do you have?" She slips on her reading glasses and reads, "It says here that...everything is your problem."

"Yup," Patrick retorts, crossing his arms over his chest. You shake your head and sigh, embarrassed and disappointed he's acting like this.

"Everything. Everything is your guys' problem?"

"Seems like it, doesn't it?" You respond dismally. The counselor's eyes shift from you to Patrick, back to you, and then back to Patrick.

"When would you say...everything started?" She questions, biting the end of her pen.

"Since the beginning," You have no hesitation in answering. Patrick's head jerks in your direction, shocked at your eagerness to answer like that.

"Since the beginning?" He repeats.

"Well yeah," You retort, your cheeks growing a bright red, as if your answer was wrong, "I just...I never felt like we would make it this far. We were totally different people and-"

"Tell me about the time you first met," The counselor insists, pushing the glasses up the bridge of her nose and prepping herself to take notes.