NEW BOOK PREVIEW

Hi guys! So here's the situation. I've been working on a book called "Happy Miserable Mess" for a few weeks now and I'm hesitant to put it out there because 1) I have this weird thing where I like to have chapters already written so it's not like you're waiting centuries for the next update, and I don't have enough chapters of this book written yet and 2) I'm not sure whether or not you guys would like it or even read it.

So what I've decided to do is provide you with a little preview. And it would be great if you guys could give me your opinion on it (because it always helps when readers give feedback). For example, whether it sounds interesting or not or if I'm completely wasting my time writing it.

Anyways, here it is. Hope it's not too bad and don't forget to leave a comment (or you can just vote, that's cool too, I'll just assume you liked it), I really appreciate it! Thanks! -Rachael

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

I'm standing in my kitchen, listening to all of the messages that have piled up in my voicemail over the past couple weeks.

"Patrick, come on, pick up." It's Pete. "I know you're home. Isolating yourself isn't going to make things any better. Trust-"

"Me," I finish his sentence for him, "Yeah, I know." Delete.

"Hello. This message is for Patrick Stump." This message is automated. "It's regarding the-"

"Don't care," I mutter. Delete.

"Honey, this is your mom." I roll my eyes. "I know right now things are tough, but you shouldn't shut us out like this."

"Tough doesn't even begin to describe what things are like right now, mom." Delete.

"Hey. Patrick." Joe's voice sounds. "I haven't seen you in a while. Are you going to come to the Christmas party tomorrow? I know you haven't really been out of the house since...since...you know. But I think it would really be good for you to come and be with people who really care about you."

There's a pause in the message before he goes on to say, "Well...I really don't have much else to say. So...I guess I just hope to see you there. Talk to you later."