Epilogue

Author's Note: So...I know this is long overdue, but I've finally decided to write the epilogue to this story. It seemed to be that a lot of you wanted one, and I felt bad for not writing one. I just didn't have an idea. But I've been looking over some of my random imagines where you and Patrick are parents to Ethan and Gabby and long story short, I'VE DECIDED TO WRITE A SEQUEL! Hopefully it works out. It's a work in progress right now, but I'll be sure to tell you when it's out and all that fun stuff =D Hope you guys are excited and I hope you like this epilogue! -Rachael

You're lying in bed, curled up in a ball under the covers, your cheeks wet from crying. You're not crying because you're sad, but because you're experiencing the worst kind of pain you've ever experienced in your entire life.

Your now ten year old son, Ethan, knocks on your closed bedroom door. It's nine in the morning and he's late to school, having missed the bus because he slept in. He needs you to give him a ride, or at least let him stay home that day, call him in sick.

"Mom? Are you up?" His voice sounds from out in the hallway.

You can't help but scream in agony, holding your loud and hoarse voice out for as long as you can before you break down into tears.

"Mom!?!" He repeats worriedly, turning the doorknob and pushing the door open. He sees you in your weakened state. "Mom, what...what's wrong!?!" He stammers, slowly and carefully approaching the bed you've been lying in all night and all morning, this knot in the pit of your stomach you've had for a while that just kept growing bigger and bigger and bigger until you just couldn't take it anymore.

You painfully glance over your shoulder, your eyes puffy and red from you crying for hours, and bite your lip as you try to hold back the tears that so desperately want to fall from your eyes. "C-Call your d-d-d-dad. Tell him he...he needs to come home...now!"

Ethan frantically nods his head before running out of the room and picking up his cell phone, calling Patrick as fast as he can. He puts the phone up to his ear and listens to the familiar ringing, hoping his dad will pick up. He's away at the studio right now, working with the guys on their next album. Your son doesn't even know if he's awake yet.

Before he's sent to voicemail, your husband and his father picks up. "Ethan? What's going on? I thought I told you not to-"

"Mom needs you to come home. Now," He reiterates, his heart pounding against his chest as his breathing starts to become uneven.

"What? Why? Is something-"

Just then, you let out another ear-piercing shriek that resonates through to the other end of the line. Patrick's eyes grow wide as he stands up from the couch he's sitting on at the studio. Pete, Joe, and Andy all look up at him, the same confused expression on all their faces.

"Wrong?" Ethan finishes Patrick's sentence, glancing over his shoulder and looking down the bedroom hallway of the apartment the three of you lived in, "Yeah, I don't know what's wrong, but...Mom's lying in bed in tears and she's screaming and-"

"Just keep calm, Ethan," Patrick retorts as calmly as he can manage, slipping into his jacket as he makes his way out of the studio, "I'm coming home right now. Just make sure nothing happens while I'm on my way, alright?"

"Alright, Dad."

*****

Patrick raced home from the studio and rushed into the apartment, brushing past the ten year old and finding you in the bedroom where you still lied. He somehow convinced you into getting into his car to go to the hospital, despite how paralyzing the pain made you feel. Once there, you were permitted fairly quickly and the doctors and nurses got you changed into a baby blue gown, taking a blood and urine sample to test as well as attaching you to a heart monitor.

You're sitting in the hospital bed, holding onto Patrick's hand for dear life. Your son is standing across the room, his arms crossed over his chest as he mirrors his dad, staring at you worried sick. The pain you were in prior to your arrival is a little less, but you still feel as if someone's stabbing you repeatedly in the stomach.

There's a knock on the door and the three of you all turn your heads in that direction. Standing in the door is the doctor, she flashes you a brief smile and steps into the room, "Mrs. Stump, hi! How are you feeling?"

You shrug your shoulders, "Still pretty bad."

"How bad would you say? On a scale of one to ten?" She walks up to your beside and takes your vitals down.

"On a scale of one to ten? Five hundred."

"And how were you feeling when you came here?"

"Five hundred and one."

The doctor smirks, "Well it's good to hear that you're feeling a little better. Now, (Y/N), tell me, when's the last time you had your period?"

Your eyebrows furrow together, "What?"

"That doesn't answer my question," She replies, looking at Patrick before shifting her gaze to you.

"I-I don't know..." Your cheeks grow a deep shade of red, "Maybe about two months ago? It...It's late. But my period's been late before."

The doctor leans against the table that's meant to roll up to your bedside and crosses her arms over her chest, "Is your period normally late?"

You glance over at Ethan before looking up at the doctor and whispering, "I really don't feel comfortable talking about this in front of my son."

"That doesn't answer my question," The corner of the doctor's lips curl upward, disregarding your remark, "Is your period normally late or not?"

"No, it's-" Your eyes widen, "Wait...are you...?"

The doctor nods her head yes, a wide smile stretching across her face. "Congratulations!"

"Oh my god," You clasp your hands over your mouth as your eyes brim with tears, "Oh my fucking god. You're kidding me,"

"The tests don't lie, Mrs. Stump. We even did two tests just to make sure, and they both came back positive. Results show you're about thirteen weeks in." You stare at her in disbelief.

"Wait, she's pregnant?" Patrick inquires, "Is that why she was in so much pain?"

"Yes. I mean, nothing's wrong with the pregnancy or anything. You were just experiencing some round ligament pain." You and Patrick both stare at the doctor, clueless. "Basically that means that your uterus is growing and it's stretching these two big ligaments that travel off the front of your uterus and down to your...you know." She chuckles in an attempt to lighten the mood, but it doesn't help. "Well, uh...it usually resolves on its own. But...seeing as how bad it was when you arrived, um, I could prescribe you some acetaminophen if you'd like. Probably just a tablet you can take whenever you're in this much pain again."

"I can't believe it...I'm pregnant," You mutter under your breath, still in shock. You look over at Patrick, a small smile crawling onto your face. "We're going to have another kid."

"Another kids...That's...That's great!" Patrick replies, pulling you into a tight hug and kissing you softly on the head. You hug him back.

Ethan's eyes grow wide. Another kid? No, I don't want another kid! This isn't fair! He thinks to himself before storming out of the room.

Story to be continued in the sequel...