I Just HAD To Tell Them

You show your best friend the ring on your finger. "Yeah, he asked me the day after we got back together."

"And you said yes?" She asks you in disbelief, admiring the diamond ring, probably wishing her husband got her a ring like it.

"Of course. How could I say no? I can't say no to him. I barely can tell him when I don't like what he's written for a song, which doesn't happen often - I love almost all his songs - but you get the point. And besides, Patrick's the only guy I could ever imagine spending the rest of my life with..."

"But what about all the arguments you guys were having? Did the marriage counselor help?"

You shrug your shoulders, "I guess she did, in a way. I got a lot of things off my chest that I never would've gotten off if I hadn't gone to see her. But things are better now, and I don't think we've ever been happier. Plus, we're finally going to be a family, so that's really cool too..."

"Wait," Your friends eyes widen, "You're...?"

You nod your head yes, smiling widely.

"Oh my god! (Y/N)!" She embraces you in a tight hug, which you return kindly. She pulls away and asks, "How far in are you?"

"Oh I don't know," You cross your arms, "About a month or two, if I remember correctly..." You bite your lip.

She squeals in delight, "This so exciting! Do you know what this mean?" Before you can even take a crack at guessing as to what your friend means, she goes on to say, "It means that our kids can finally be best friends like we always planned! They can have play dates together, go to the same school, my daughter can help your daughter or son around..." You roll your eyes. "Ooh! And what if you have a son and my daughter and him fall in love? Wouldn't that the cutest thing ever, (Y/N)?"

You laugh, "Yeah, I guess it would be kinda cute."

"Kinda cute? No it'd be like...Peterick cute."

"Peterick?" You ask, but before she can explain it to you, your phone starts to ring. You pull it out of your pocket and see that Patrick's calling you. You excuse yourself from the table and answer his call.

"Hey, babe," You greet, smiling although he can't see you. "What's up?"

"Oh nothing..." His voice trails off and he sounds like something's wrong. So you ask if everything's okay. "Oh yeah, everything's fine! I just...I did something I...shouldn't have."

"What do you mean you did something you shouldn't have?" You question worriedly, afraid he cheated on you again or something even worse.

"I-I told someone about the baby," His voice is shy, but you sigh in relief, placing your hand on your forehead and leaning back against the wall. "I know what you said about keeping it a secret for as long as we could, but I just...I couldn't help myself! I was just so excited that I just had to tell someone!"

"Its okay, Pat, I told someone too. Who'd you tell?"

"Pete. But then he told the guys, despite me asking him to keep it a secret."

You grin, "Well of course he didn't keep his mouth shut, he never could."

"Who'd you tell?"

"(Y/F/N). But I'm sure she was going to find out soon anyways. She has, like, a sixth sense about pregnancies. She called Ashlee's pregnancy even before she and Pete got married."

He laughs before changing the subject by asking, "Hey, when do you think you'll be home? I have a song and I want you to listen to it and give me your opinion on it."

"Oh, I don't know," You look over your shoulder at the clock hanging on the wall, "A half hour or so?"

"Okay, see you then. Love you."

"Love you too," You say before hanging up. You turn around and rejoin your friend at the table you were sitting at.

"Who was it?" She asks the second you sit down.

"Just Patrick," You tell her, "He just wanted to know when I'd be coming home."

"Oh," She grabs your left hand again and examines the ring once more, "So have you and Patrick picked a date for the wedding?"

"Not really. We're thinking maybe after the baby is born."

"Oh but you would look so cute as a pregnant bride!" She exclaims, flashing you a friendly smile.

You shake your head.

Author's Note: Two more parts and this story is done with! Can you believe it? Anyways, thank you guys so much for reading. You guys are seriously the best! -Rachael