Flaws

Five Years Ago...

Tonight you were taking Patrick to a party to celebrate another successful album before he and the band were going to go on tour internationally. You had talked with their girlfriends, Marie and Ashlee (Andy didn't have a girlfriend at the time but Marie planned it so that Andy would be at her house with Joe), and the three of you agreed to keep the party a secret. Patrick believed you two were just going out to dinner.

You're in the bathroom, staring at the person looking back at you in the mirror.

All you can see are flaws. How you aren't as skinny as the other girls. How your hair isn't as pretty as the other girls'. Those few red bumps on your face that you thought would go away after high school but didn't.

"You almost ready, (Y/N)?" Patrick called to you from somewhere else in the apartment.

"Yeah, give me a sec," You mutter in response, not loud enough for him to hear you, before grabbing your makeup bag and searching through it for a hair tie.

It's been three years since you and Patrick started dating and there wasn't a day that he forgot to tell you how much you meant to him. How beautiful you were. But it didn't make a difference. You still felt ugly, like you didn't deserve the love and affection you received from him.

"Where is it!" You shout under your breath, starting to get frustrated that you couldn't find the hair tie.

The bathroom door clicks open and you freeze, looking over and seeing Patrick standing in the doorway. He looks you up and down and grins. "Wow. I think I have the most beautiful girlfr-"

"I can't find my hair tie," You cut him off, completely ignoring to his comment and continuing your search through your makeup bag.

"Why do you need a hair tie?" He asks, entering the small bathroom.

"My hair's frizzy and it needs to be pulled back." You answer his question, getting more frustrated by the second.

"No, your hair is perfect just the way it is," He grabs your wrist and you tense up. He looks you directly in the eye and smiles, "Just like you."

You laugh and rip your wrist out of his hold, murmuring, "I'll be out in a minute, Patrick. I just need to find my hair tie."

He frowns, realizing that what he just said to you meant nothing, that it went in one ear and right out the other. But he shakes it off and kisses you on the cheek. "I'll be waiting." He turns and exits the bathroom.

You stand there for a little more before finally finding your hair tie. You go to put your hair up when you see your reflection again. Maybe Patrick's right. It's perfect just the way it is. You drop your hands, letting your hair fall, and decide to just put the hair tie around your wrist, leaving your hair down in case you wanted to put it up later tonight.

You walk out of the bathroom and meet Patrick by the front door. He notices you kept your hair down and smirks, but says nothing.

"You ready?" He questions. You nod your head.

*****

Since this restaurant you told Patrick the two of you were going to tonight was some place you'd never been before, you were giving him directions while he drove (he didn't like it when you drove, something about how you weren't the greatest driver around, especially with a few speeding tickets and parking infraction tickets under your belt). But little did he know the directions you were giving him weren't to the restaurant but to a bar you and the girls had rented out for the party.

"Here!" You exclaim, pointing to the bar.

"Here?"

"Yes, here! Pull over."