You've Been Cheating On Me

You're in the basement of your house, doing the laundry. Patrick is, once again, locked up in your bedroom "working on a song".

You're checking the pockets of Patrick's pants (something your mother taught you to do before putting whatever piece of clothing it was in the wash) when you find his phone that he's been missing for the past few days. You unlock it, the battery almost dead, and see that he has quite a few text messages from an unknown number.

Thursday 5:59p.m. 342-8945: Babe, why aren't you texting me back?

Thursday 6:15p.m. 342-8945: I miss you😢

Thursday 6:25p.m. 342-8945: Please text me back

Thursday 6:30p.m. 342-8945: Is that girlfriend of yours with you? Is that why you're not texting me back?

Friday 11:56a.m. 342-8945: Okay, seriously, Patrick, why aren't you answering me?

Friday 2:09p.m. 342-8945: Babe, what did I do? Please talk to me! Text me, call me, whatever! Just let me know you're not mad at me!

Saturday 8:51p.m 342-8945: Okay, I'm going to assume she found out about us and you're ignoring me because of that. I get it. You love her more than you love me. Don't even bother texting me back or calling me back, we're through, Patrick. I hope you're happy with that bitch.

Your jaw drops as anger boils up inside of you, "That fucking bastard!" You rush upstairs and push open your bedroom door. Patrick jumps in fright and looks back at you. "WHAT'S THIS?" You yell at him, approaching him and holding his phone out.

"My phone," He takes it out of your hands and scrolls through the messages you just read. He looks up at you with wide eyes.

"WELL?"

"I-"

"YOU'VE BEEN CHEATING ON ME!"

"(Y/N), I-I can explain," He stammers.

"Explain to me what, Patrick!?! That you've been cheating on me for...for god knows how long and..." You begin to pace back and forth, your body trembling in rage. You're too in shock to even finish your sentence.

He stands up and stops you in your tracks, grabbing your upper arms firmly and looking you directly in the eyes. "(Y/N), I can explain."

You shake your head and rip yourself out of his hold, turning away from him and muttering, "What is there to explain? You've been cheating on me, Patrick."

"I can't tell you how sorry I am, (Y/N)..."

"You're sorry?" You spin around so you're facing him again, "You're sorry?"

"Yes, very. If I could take it all back, I would."

You laugh in disbelief, "Do you seriously think that sorry's going to cut it, Patrick?" He tilts his head down. "Do you honestly believe that just by saying sorry and telling me that you'll never see whoever that...that woman is again is going to make things return to the way they were?"

"Well it worked once before, why can't it work again?" He asks.

"What are you talking about?" You put your hands on your hips.

"Oh come on, (Y/N), don't act like you don't know."

"What? What are you talking about, Patrick?"

"I'm talking about the time you cheated on me with Pete!"

Your eyes widen.