𝒊. she's right, it's greek

❝ wow, looks like pretty boy has some competition

❝ wow, looks like pretty boy has some competition. ❞

         OLIVIA GRIFFINS PATIENTLY waited in the elevator for its doors to open

OLIVIA GRIFFINS PATIENTLY waited in the elevator for its doors to open. she was starting her first day in the BAU. a million thoughts running through her head. what if they didn't like her? or what if she didn't like them? what if she can't keep up? her anxiety levels only increased as the elevator passed through each floor, stopping at the sixth one, the behavioral analysis unit.

         to get the nerves to go away, olivia always pretended to be confident in what she was doing. when stepping out of the elevator, she calms herself and starts walking to unit chief, aaron hotchner's office. her walk seemed more like a strut, which caught the attention of a group of six.

         "is that the new agent?" olivia heard one of them ask. from her peripheral vision, she could see that it was from a blonde girl with bangs and who wore glasses. olivia could hear her speak up again before entering the office of aaron hotchner, "she looks like she belongs in paris fashion week, wow."

         "agent griffins." a deep voice called out to her as she was stepping closer and closer to his office.

         "hi, agent hotchner." she greeted, as the two shook hands with each other. "please, call me hotch." he told her, the two sitting down, ready to discuss a few things for a couple of minutes.

         "okay, i will call you and the rest of the team in when we have a new case. thank you." he informed her, the two standing up from their seats before shaking hands once again and olivia walking back out to the bullpen.

         "hello, i'm penelope garcia, the tech analyst." the blonde from earlier introduced. she seemed a little nervous, but the perkiness in her voice dominated the anxious tones.

         "olivia griffins, but you can call me liv if you'd like." she smiled.

another very pretty, blonde woman stepped forward, "hi liv, i'm jennifer, but you can call me jj." the two women gave each other warm, welcoming smiles.

         "the name olivia was used in shakespeare's twelfth night. it's a feminine version of the name oliver, which is latin for olive tree." a man who was seated by his desk and had the hair of what reminded olivia of an ex-boyband member spoke up. "hi, i'm dr. spencer reid."

         olivia gave a small wave and a friendly smile to him before hesitantly speaking up, "um, actually the name roots from greek."

         a perplexed look formed on spencer's face as the rest of the team's eyes shifted from him to olivia. "are you sure? i thought i read that the name is latin."

         an older man that olivia recognized as the david rossi was standing nearby spencer and had his phone out, searching who was correct. "she's right, it's greek." the team was silent, their mouths slightly agape and some smirking about the first time spencer reid got something wrong.

         "looks like pretty boy has some competition." a buff man commented, a pearly white smile on his face. "derek morgan." he introduced.

         a woman with darker hair stood up from her seat to walk towards olivia. "emily prentiss. i can't believe you corrected the guy who has three PhDs."

         "you have three PhDs?" olivia asked, glancing at spencer who nodded his head. "and an eidetic memory, i can read 20,000 words per minute, and i have an iq of 187." he added.

         "what's your iq, pretty girl?" penelope asked, a look of curiosity in her eyes.

         "172." she nonchalantly answered. 172 is a really high iq, but it's not as high as spencer reid's. nonetheless, it seemed like everyone was speechless and impressed.

         "we have another reid in our hands." emily joked. slight snickers came from the team. olivia felt a pair of eyes on her, so she shifted her eyes to find spencer glaring at her for a split second before looking away. she didn't think much of it due to her attention being diverted to hotch who was on his way to the round table, "garcia."

ANGIE'S NOTES ☺︎︎
i don't really know how anything works
LOL IM KINDA CLUELESS. we're just
gonna go along with things, i was half-
asleep making half of these chapters
😭