𝒆𝒑𝒊𝒍𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒆

❝ we'll be okay

❝ we'll be okay. ❞

         TWO YEARS LATER, a lot has happened

         TWO YEARS LATER, a lot has happened. for instance, jennifer and the new BAU section chief, matt cruz, have been abducted. it was worrisome to say the least. the only good part that came out of the situation was emily flying back from london as reinforcement. in those two years, the team had never stopped communicating with emily. they visited, texted, called, etc. another change that happened was that the team received a new member to fill in the absence, alex blake. they had gotten along with her very well. blake especially formed a bond with spencer. as for olivia, the two were practically best friends.

         after successfully rescuing jj and matt cruz, they were taken to the local hospital. after jj's recovery, her and the team went to a nearby bar. they chatted with one another as penelope happily handed out their drinks, smiles upon everyone's faces. "emily, how much longer do we have you?" hotch asked.

         she checked her watch, "um. . . six hours."

         "oh, that's too soon." penelope commented.

         "it's more than we had yesterday." rossi remarked.

         "i'm just glad i finally got to meet you, i've heard such amazing things." alex blake told her.

         "all lies." she smiled.

         the team reverted back to conversing one another and emily turned her head, looking at olivia who stood next to her, "hey, liv?" she slightly raised her eyebrows, indicating she was listening as emily excused themselves from the group and continued. "you've been doing exceptionally well on the team since you joined and your abilities have only improved since."

        "thank you, em."

         "i know, the timing of this may sound a little crazy, but would you like a job at the london office of interpol? you'd be a great addition." she offered.

the griffins girl was speechless, her eyes widened and eyebrows raised at the sudden recommendation. emily took note of her reaction and shook her head, "you don't have to give me an answer right now. i might be coming back to the states in at least a month from now for business, and until then you can let me know and we'll go back to london together. either way, i support any decision you make."

"um, yeah, i just have to think about it. but thank you, that's amazing." olivia told.

after the night at the bar, spencer accompanied olivia home, staying the night with her. he's been doing that a lot recently, explaining that her apartment brings him some sort of comfort. after emily and olivia spoke, he noticed she's been a little more quiet, her attention drifting off, and the fidgeting of the rings on her fingers.

"is everything okay?" he asked her, the two sitting on her couch as they decided to watch something on the television before they drifted off to sleep for the night.

"hm, yeah. everything's great."

"are you sure? because you've been acting a little off for the past few hours." spencer responded.

he was going to find out eventually, so olivia thought to get it over with and tell him about the conversation at the bar. "emily offered me a spot at interpol. she told me she might come here for work about a month from now and when she does, i have to let her know my decision and if i choose to accept the offer, i'll be going back to london with her."

"oh." was all spencer said. of course, spencer was incredibly proud of his girlfriend. working in interpol is an amazing opportunity. but if olivia takes it, then she'd have to leave the BAU.

by his reaction, olivia realized it was crazy. she couldn't go to london. she has a life here in D.C. with a job she loves, the twins, spencer. "i'm not gonna take the job." she said. "wait, what?" spencer questioned. "i already have one here. and plus, the twins. who's gonna stay with them for god knows how long? i can't leave them." she reasoned.

obviously, spencer doesn't want her to leave, but he didn't expect her to make up her mind about this so quick. besides, he knows her. he knows she'll keep wondering about the what if's. she'll keep herself up all night, thinking about what could've happened if she went to london. he has to let her do what he knows is best for her. even if that means she would have to relocate. "well, take them with you. they're 12, they'll be fine. the move won't affect them as much as it would if they were even a few years older."

olivia shook her head with uncertainty. spencer grabbed onto her hand, interlacing their fingers together. "this is an incredible opportunity for you. it'll be great for your career. you have to take this job, you'd be insane not to."

"what about you?" she asked. "i like what i have with you. i like that i'm able to actually be in your presence all the time."

he grinned at her, "i do, too, but we can work it out. we'll be okay."

"spence. . ." olivia started. the words she was about to say, dying on her tongue. she'd miss him too much if she went. she'd miss everyone on the team.

"via, i love you. which is why i cannot let you reject that offer. i promise you, everything will be okay. we'll be okay, the twins will be okay, everything." he insisted, picking up their interlocked hands and kissing the back of hers.

she smiled at the gesture. she trusts spencer, and if he says everything will be fine, then she doesn't have a reason to believe everything won't be. after some long pondering, "okay, fine. i'll call emily first thing tomorrow and tell her i'll be accepting. but since you're the one who convinced me, you're also the one helping the twins and i pack." olivia pointed her finger at his chest.

he chuckled, "deal." with that, he planted a kiss on her forehead as the two spent the rest of the night together. with the person they love.

ANGIE'S NOTES ☺︎︎
okay, so now it's over </3
i had the best time writing this fic and i
hope you all enjoyed reading it as much
as i enjoyed writing it. i love all of your
comments by the way, they make this fic
100 times better. keep commenting!! i love
reading them!!

the amount of support i received on this
book is VERY well appreciated. every positive, and funny reaction i get never fails to make
my day. I LOVE YOU ALL MWAH.
HAVE THE MOST SPECTACULAR DAY
BAES BC ILY AND I SAID SO.

with love from,
angie, and my babies liv and spence <3

with love from,angie, and my babies liv and spence <3