𝒙𝒗. olivia

❝ you like seeing the beauty in things

❝ you like seeing the beauty in things. ❞

         OLIVIA GRIFFINS DOES like spencer reid

         OLIVIA GRIFFINS DOES like spencer reid. a few months ago, she would've thought she would never like him the way she does now. he wrote in her book, made assumptions about how she was in high school, and he didn't quite make the best first impression when they first met. but now she likes how spencer can just talk about almost anything, the way he wears mismatched socks, how he gets along with anna and the twins, how excited he gets when someone understands his statistics and facts, and a countless number of other things. there's never a day that goes by where olivia isn't thinking back to her favorite memories with spencer.

         the team was working on a case in ohio. olivia and spencer stayed behind in the local police station as the rest of the team visited abduction and disposal sites, talked to families, etc.

         the two were setting up everything they needed for the case. while so, spencer's eyes would absentmindedly trail to olivia every now and then, without her acknowledgement. she was still new at the time and spencer barely knew anything about her, so he studied her outfits every day at work.

         she'd normally wear pantsuits paired with either a blouse or a turtleneck that'd match. her pantsuits were usually neutral colors like black, white, grey, and beige. very rarely, she'd wear a bright colored suit, but when she did, she looked quite bewitching. it made her stand out from the others. everyone always thought she was very stylish for an FBI agent, although they never knew why. why would an FBI agent try to look pretty for a job that contained a bunch of dead bodies? surely, everyone dresses the way they do for a reason. so, spencer reid was determined to figure out olivia's.

"why do you always dress like that?" spencer abruptly asked.

"excuse me?" olivia questioned. she didn't exactly know if he was saying that in a good or a bad way.

"when we first met you, garcia said that you look and walk like you belong in paris fashion week. a lot of the models featured are always wearing something voguish and modern which i've noticed seems like the type of things you wear. usually, agents in the BAU wear causal clothing or suits, which you do, but it's more. . . elaborate, or dressier, if you will." spencer voiced.

"and why are you so invested in what i wear?" she asked. he shrugged his shoulders, "i'm just curious." the two began to grow quiet again, spencer still glancing at olivia from time to time before he spoke up again. "you like seeing the beauty in things."

olivia paused what she was doing and turned her head to face spencer. he didn't look back at her until she said something, "do you wanna explain why you think that?"

"your particular style in clothing can be perceived as trendy and pretty. it's because with a job like this, you always see and hear some of the most horrific things. dressing pretty and stylishly reminds you that there is still beauty in the world. the way you dress can sometimes reflect you as a person. and the way you dress tells me that no matter how many cruel things you see people do, you still want to believe that there is good in everyone. that's what you want your clothes to represent." he responded.

         olivia was speechless, to say the least. deep down, she knows he's right. she so desperately wants to believe in the optimistic things in the world, but with her job it seems impossible. so, she dresses in a positive way and she's always motivated to try in her outfits to help her believe in the beauty of the world.

        before she could say anything, hotch and the others came back. they started to discuss their new information learned from their previous settings. after that, the two never really talked about the topic of her fashion choices again.

         it's one of olivia's favorite memories because no one has tried to figure her out, but he did, and it was by her clothes. no one really seems to know why olivia does what she does, but somehow, spencer was able to effortlessly see right through her. honestly, olivia didn't exactly know the reason for her style choices herself. but when she heard spencer, it made sense to her. she thought it was crazy how in that moment, someone she just met a month ago, knew her better than she knows herself.

         as olivia thought back to her favorite memories with spencer — to help her fall asleep, since it was already the middle of the night — she heard a few knocks coming from her front door. at first, she thought it wasn't really anything, but then she heard her doorbell. olivia got up from the comfort of her bed and walked to her front door. she opened it, thinking it was anna, but once the door swung open, she was wrong.

         "hey, spencer."

ANGIE'S NOTES ☺︎︎
big things will be happening very soon
😁 so sorry for the short chapter </3 but
next chapter will be feeding y'all yup☝️
also, i will be updating daily from now on
bc some of you said i should lol
also, thank you for all the votes, comments,
and reads!!! 5k reads since march is insane
thank you so much!!! <3
AND YOUR COMMENTS ARE FUNNY
ASL I LOVE THEM
okay bye ily all lol