𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. spider-man

❝ i swear that woman always falls asleep every time we watch a movie at night

❝ i swear that woman always falls asleep every time we watch a movie at night. ❞

         IT WAS A friday night and surprisingly, the team wasn't called in for a case

         IT WAS A friday night and surprisingly, the team wasn't called in for a case. olivia had invited anna and her kids to come over a day earlier than usual because of this "day off". rosie and ollie were sitting next to each other on the corner of the couch, play fighting with one another. anna and liv were seated on the other corner of the couch. the four of them were getting themselves ready to watch a movie. more specifically, spider-man (2002), since rosie and oliver both love spider-man. olivia and anna didn't mind the movie. they were planning on just making fun of the outdated special effects and editing anyways.

as olivia almost pressed the 'play' button on the remote, the sound of her doorbell ringing was heard. the children groaned in annoyance, impatiently wanting to watch the movie. liv got up to answer the door, anna following, only a few feet away from her. the door swung open, unexpectedly revealing dr. spencer reid. liv's eyes slightly widened, having no idea why he was there, or how he even knew where she lived. although, she did have a hunch on who helped him figure out where she lives.

"um, hi." spencer awkwardly greeted, a sheepish smile following. anna peeked her head for a second to see who it was, immediately smiling in amusement when she saw spencer at the door.

"hey, um, what are you doing here?" olivia asked the man who was only a few inches taller than her.

spencer started to stutter a bit before remembering why he was there, "the um, the night at rossi's house. you left this there." he began, pulling out a toy race car out of his jacket pocket. "i thought it was henry's, so i went to jj's house, but they said they recognized it as yours. so then, garcia kinda just, um. . ." he trailed off his sentence when a little boy appeared in his vision.

oliver ran up to olivia, barely acknowledging the hazel eyed man standing in front of him, "aunt liv, can we start the movie now?"

"oh, i'm sorry, i didn't mean to intrude on anything." spencer apologized, the race car still in his hand. oliver noticed the toy and immediately beamed at the sight of it.

"my race car! you found it, thank you! i've been looking for this for forever." oliver exclaimed, grabbing the toy from spencer. anna walked over to her son and best friend, with her daughter following. "hey guys. so, what's going on here?"

"this guy found my race car!" oliver answered.

"are you one of aunt liv's friends?" rosie then asked. spencer looked at olivia before looking back at the blonde little girl. "um, we're co-workers." olivia answered her.

"spencer, would you like to come in and watch a movie with us?" anna offered. her invite caused olivia to glare at the older blonde, while spencer shook his head, "no, it seems like it was just supposed to be you four and i don't want to interrupt even more."

"no, we insist!" anna assured him.

"yeah! we're watching spider-man, and you can watch with us, and it can be a way for me to thank you for finding my race car." oliver rambled a bit. spencer's mouth was agape, about to say something, but stopping himself to glance at liv and sighed, "if it's okay with olivia."

she looked back at anna, oliver, and rosie who were looking back at her with pleading eyes. the kids had just barely met spencer, how do they like him already? she thought. olivia opened the door a little wider, allowing more room for spencer to enter the apartment, "you can come in."

the three others made room for him to walk in the apartment. olivia didn't understand why they were treating it as if a prince walked in the building. it was just spencer reid. a very special, but yet, still a very normal guy in her opinion.

         rosie and oliver ran around, leading spencer to the couch. olivia looked at anna who hasn't wiped off that smirk on her face, "was it necessary for you to invite him?" anna ecstatically nodded her head, "very. i'm just doing what you don't have the guts to do, coward."

         olivia playfully rolled her eyes at her giddy best friend, closing and locking her front door before the two returned back to the couch. spencer ended up sitting between olivia and anna during the movie.

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

         after the movie was over, it was already 11 pm. anna found her kids half asleep on the couch and her best friend fully asleep, her head resting on her hand as her elbow was rested on the couch's arm rest. spencer and anna were basically the only ones awake. "hey anna?" spencer whispered, "is olivia asleep?"

"yeah." she nodded her head, "i swear that woman always falls asleep every time we watch a movie at night, it's ridiculous."

olivia looked really peaceful sleeping. the griffins girl was always so tired, it never even crossed spencer's mind that even she has to sleep sometimes. "do we just leave her there?" he asked.

"yeah, trust me. she's probably getting the best sleep she's gotten in months right now. you'd be doing all of us a favor if you just leave her like that." anna replied. "i'm gonna go put the twins to bed then i can walk you out of the building."

spencer nodded his head in response and watched as the family of three walked into one of the spare bedrooms. his eyes then shifted back at the peaceful looking olivia. even though, anna told him to leave her like that, he just couldn't. so, he carefully and slowly laid the girl down on one of the pillows that were present on the couch. he also took a nearby blanket and draped it on her body as anna walked out of the room.

         as anna walked spencer down to the front of the building and said goodbye to each other, he couldn't help but to admire how captivating olivia looked. it was almost as endearing as her smile. and what spencer didn't know, is that she was awake when he properly let her sleep. she thought it was sweet. he could've just left her in the position of her sleeping on her hand, but he didn't.

ANGIE'S NOTES ☺︎︎
yeah, anna was definitely lying when
she said she'll stop setting liv up with
people😁