alternate ending chapter

❝ it's good to see you

❝ it's good to see you. ❞

         THE BRIGHT SUN peered through the smallest openings of Olivia's bedroom curtains

THE BRIGHT SUN peered through the smallest openings of Olivia's bedroom curtains. Her eyes fluttered open as she felt the familiarity of her lovely boyfriend's arm around her. He's been staying overnight at her apartment a lot recently, explaining that he admires the comfort it brings him. She whispered his name, "Spence." He then responded with an incoherent mumble. She slowly removed herself from his grasp and whispered again, "Spence, I have to go to the correctional facility today."

         He finally woke from his slumber and rubbed the sleep from his eyes. With a normal volume of voice, she continued to speak, "I'll meet you, Anna, and the twins at Rossi's later."

         "Are you sure you still want to go to the facility?" He asked her.

         "Yes, I promised I'd do so whenever we have a day off." She assured him. Fortunately, the BAU didn't have to come into work that day. Rossi thought it'd be a good idea to spend time with each other without it involving a murder case.

         Spencer nodded and gave his girlfriend a tight-lipped smile, "Okay. Don't forget to bring those books for him."

        "I won't."

         After getting ready and a long drive to the Washington D.C. Correctional Facility, Olivia patiently sat at one of the metal picnic tables in the visitation area. She noticed the families and friends of other prisoners that surrounded her as she heard the gate open. A couple guards escorted the prisoners out and watched over them.

         It's been half a year since Olivia and Anna's abduction by Devin Wyatt. Before he was about kill himself and Anna that night, the bomb squad had immediately found the explosive and were able to disarm it as Hotch and Reid were distracting him. Instead of negotiating for the safety of Liv and Anna, they had started talking to him about his mother. It ended with him having a breakdown on the ground of the warehouse, bawling his eyes out. Morgan, Emily, and Rossi had helped the two women out of the warehouse as Hotch and Reid detained Devin.