𝒊𝒊𝒊. not very good with change

❝ oh, i'm sure you guys can figure it out

❝ oh, i'm sure you guys can figure it out. after all, you're just as smart as i am. ❞

         OLIVIA, EMILY, AND MORGAN were standing in the bullpen of the police precinct, talking about the case, which would occasionally trail off into small talk

OLIVIA, EMILY, AND MORGAN were standing in the bullpen of the police precinct, talking about the case, which would occasionally trail off into small talk. despite all the chatter from officers in the area, they could hear the slight raised voices of jj and spencer in the other room in front of them with the double doors wide open. hotch and rossi walked to the three to talk about the case, but then noticing jj and spencer.

"it's too late, all right?" they heard spencer say to her, as he walked out of the room, disregarding the rest of the team watching him except for olivia. he practically glared at her when leaving.

"reid?" emily called out, but he didn't acknowledge her. they looked back at jj, who hasn't moved an inch since he walked out, a look of hurt in her eyes.

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

         the team — minus spencer, were gathered in one of the conference rooms they were occupying. in all honesty, they were having quite some trouble figuring out the unsub's next move. "it has to be a woman very close to the unsub to make them act this way." emily said.

"then why go after surrogates?" morgan questioned. the room went quiet as they were thinking.

"griffins," hotch called out, her attention shifting towards him. "go find reid and tell him we need him back here." she nodded at him, getting up from her seat and walking out.

fortunately, she didn't have to try too hard on looking for him, as she saw him sitting on the steps outside the precinct through the glass doors. she walked out the building, now standing outside, the only light coming from the stars, post lights, and from inside. "hey."

         spencer turned his head a little, seeing the familiar black dress pants olivia was wearing. "hey."

         "um, we kinda need you and your intelligence inside. we're having a little bit of trouble." she informed him.