𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊. holding hands

❝ liv is one hell of a woman to be able to keep up with you

❝ liv is one hell of a woman to be able to keep up with you. ❞

         DEREK MORGAN NOTICED the vacancy of two of the seats at the round table

DEREK MORGAN NOTICED the vacancy of two of the seats at the round table. sure, hotch and garcia weren't there yet either, but it was normal. they were most likely discussing a case. however, everyone else was there, except spencer reid and olivia griffins. that was the unusual thing. most of the time, they were the first ones there. "hey, has anyone seen reid or liv?" the team looked at one another while shaking their heads in response.

         hotch and garcia entered the room, ready to present the case. "oh, my little angels aren't here yet?" penelope asked, mostly to herself and mostly in disbelief that the two were the last ones to show up. "we can brief reid and griffins on the jet. garcia?" hotch informed the team, allowing penelope to continue with her case presentation.

         "right!" penelope said, pressing buttons on her remote. "marcus vanderwaal." she started. faint sounds of shoes hitting the floor of the BAU was heard, getting closer and closer to the conference room. the team's gaze shifted from the screen to the door, to which spencer and olivia have arrived together.

         the fact that they were late and came in to work together wasn't what got their attention, though. instead, it was the fact they were holding hands. a few members of the team shared some baffled glances, while others couldn't stop staring at the two young profilers' interlocked hands. once they realized what they were staring at, olivia and spencer let go of each other's hands, taking a seat at the round table as if nothing happened. if he was being honest, it reminded spencer of when he suddenly cut his hair and hotch made a boyband remark about it.

"um, okay, uh, marcus vanderwaal." penelope stated again, realizing she really needs to introduce the case to the team. the team removed their gaze from spencer and olivia, now focusing on the screen in front of them.

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

the case was finished a few days after and the team were on the jet, on their way back to the BAU. olivia sat by herself until emily prentiss and jennifer jareau sat down with her. the two women had the most teasing grins. olivia noticed the beaming smiles on their faces after a seemingly gruesome case, "are you guys okay?"

         "oh, yeah, we're good." jj responded, sitting down in front of her as emily stood next to her. "so, you and reid?" emily questioned, making the apples of olivia's cheeks turn a bright red color. "what about us?" olivia replied. she obviously knew what they were talking about, but decided to act clueless in hopes of not being confronted about it.

         jj and emily shared a look before playfully rolling their eyes and scoffing. "liv, c'mon. the other day, you and spence walked in hand in hand. do you really think spencer reid would willingly hold hands with someone if he didn't like them?" jj rhetorically asked.

         "not to mention that ever since then, the two of you have been avoiding each other, which is something you guys haven't done since the first time you met. also, you guys have been looking. . . happy, lately. which gives me the reason to conclude that the two of you recently started dating. and more specifically, dating each other." emily explained.

         olivia's eyes met with spencer's from across the jet before his gaze shifted back to derek, and hers to jj and emily. "all i'm gonna say is that he's one of the best people i know, and i'm glad we're here together." she pressed her lips together, making quite an awkward smile. "and we're happy that you're happy." jj grinned at the girl, tapping her knee in an assuring way.

meanwhile, spencer was sitting next to rossi on the jet, morgan and hotch across from them. it's fairly obvious spencer and olivia like each other, and during the case, it was even more obvious that they started dating. throughout the case, morgan or jj would fill garcia in on everything about the two young profilers.

"hey, kid." derek called out, grabbing spencer's attention from his book. "you know we're happy for you, right? and you can talk to me about anything happening in your life." his tone of voice was a little quiet, so the others wouldn't hear their conversation. "mhm." spencer nodded his head, his lips pressed together, not knowing what else to do or say.

"you know, liv is one hell of a woman to be able to keep up with you." derek grinned, teasing the hazel eyed brunette sitting in front of him.

         his eyes met olivia's from over derek's shoulder. a slight grin formed on his face before returning his gaze back at derek. "she is, isn't she?" he looked back down on his book before speaking up once again. "did all of you guys know?" it was loud enough for rossi and hotch to hear him, too.

"kid, we're profilers and we're good at our jobs. the whole holding hands thing just gave it away." rossi teased.

spencer was nervous about what hotch had to say about this. it's a rule that federal agents cannot be romantically involved together. that rule never made sense to him in his opinion, but then again, he would've never thought it would apply to him.

when the team arrived back at the BAU, hotch called spencer and olivia into his office. they both knew they were gonna talk about their relationship with one another, and they felt anxious to say the least. spencer and liv were seated next to each other, agent hotchner in front of them. "so when did your relationship start?" he asked the two.

"a few days ago." olivia answered. "five days ago." spencer answered at the same time as liv.

hotch looked at them for a moment, contemplating his thoughts. in all honesty, the rule that federal agents shouldn't date each other didn't make sense to him either. he knows the capability olivia and spencer have with their jobs. they're two of his best agents. and they know better than to let something come in between their careers.

"just don't let this relationship distract you both from your line of work. for right now, strauss doesn't have to know." hotch firmly stated.

an expression of relief and ease settled between the couple. they showed their appreciation for hotch's decision before getting up to leave his office. however, he did stop them to tell them one last thing. "oh, and um, i'm happy for you both." he nodded his head at them, causing soft grins from the two. hotch himself was even trying to fight the urge to smile at them back. but once they left his office, he couldn't fight the urge anymore.

ANGIE'S NOTES ☺︎︎
hotch said spencelivia rights ig🙄🤞

ANGIE'S NOTES ☺︎︎hotch said spencelivia rights ig🙄🤞