𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊. conclusions and goodbyes

❝ every ending is also a beginning, we just don't know it at the time

every ending is also a beginning, we just don't know it at the time.

         FOLLOWING THE EVENTS of the Colonial Liberty Bank explosion in D

         FOLLOWING THE EVENTS of the Colonial Liberty Bank explosion in D.C., the grey smoke clouded the air as olivia heard the familiar ringing sounds in her ear. it was the same ringing sound she heard when she woke up in that dark warehouse two months ago. everything sounded so muffled. she could hear derek morgan speaking to her and jj who was laid next to her, but couldn't quite exactly make out the words. fortunately, the ringing gradually faded and the noises surrounding her started to sound coherent. "jj, liv, are you okay?" derek's attention was split between the two women as jj recovered faster than olivia did.

         "where's will?" she asked, as she stood up and derek helped olivia. "where is will? did he get out of there?"

         the three agents shifted their gazes around them. a few officers were down and others helped. the fumes they were inhaling was definitely not safe for them, and if spencer were there he'd be immediately getting liv out of the area, but one question appeared in her head. she turned back around to jj and morgan and asked, "where's emily?"

         jj dashed towards the destroyed architecture of the bank as the toxic smoke engulfed them once again. "jj!" derek called out, him and liv following after her along with other SWAT members.

         pillars, parts of the ceiling, toppled furniture, fires and its ashes, and even a few bodies were scattered around the floor of the establishment. as the agents stepped in, they also had their weapons and flashlights out as precautions, looking around. jj called out for will as derek and liv called out for emily.

         spencer watched the explosion happen when it was broadcasted on the news channel. a feeling of panic surged through him. were the hostages safe? was his team safe? was olivia? spencer had no knowledge of anyone's safety. as his thoughts and questions soon consumed his brain, he left the BAU, traveling back to D.C. as kevin tagged along.

"emily!" olivia called, carefully stepping over the rubble with the occasional cough to get the smoke out of her lungs.

"over here!" she heard the familiar voice. olivia's eyes landed on the prentiss woman. "you all right?"