𝒙𝒙𝒗. saturday

❝ is he alive or dead? ❞

         IT WAS SATURDAY, the BAU's day off

         IT WAS SATURDAY, the BAU's day off. the beautiful morning sky welcomed those around on the fairly warm weekend. a gorgeous day where the team could finally have time with themselves without being reminded of the appearance of deceased corpses, and instead the admirable fresh air. as rosie and oliver went to a friend's house for a sleepover, olivia used her time living up to the promise she made to emily, where she guaranteed her and morgan will help her look for a new home as the house in dupont circle wasn't as great as she hoped it'd be. after thanking the realtor who showed the three around the apartment, they stopped outside to share each other's thoughts. "i don't know." emily commented.

"emily, what's not to know?" derek questioned, "it's a beautiful place."

"there are cracks in the foundation." emily told them. "cracks can be fixed." olivia spoke. emily disagreed, "no, they can only be hidden. they're still there."

morgan looked at the building beside them, "what, are you afraid the place is gonna fall down?"

"i'm afraid it's never gonna be as strong as it was." she admitted.

"okay, somebody's heart isn't into it." derek teased. "what's going on?"

she sighed, "i don't know. when i first came here, i felt like i was home. and now, it's just an uphill battle. people kill for opportunities like this. am i crazy to walk away?"

"well, you gotta do what's best for you, em." olivia voiced. to which morgan added, "follow your gut. what's it trying to tell you?"

when the three friends were going to look through the next home that emily would consider living in, they received a call from hotch. he had explained to them that there's been a hostage situation in Colonial Liberty Bank and despite their day off, he was told they needed to come in to work. the three circled back around, meeting up with the rest of the team at the bank. when they arrived, they were already met with the FBI's mobile command center, multiple helicopters surrounding them, SWAT, and many bystanders who were barricaded out of the area.