Chapter 2

The British accent that he had took me by surprise.

"Hi, i'm Clay."

The boy stuck out his hand. I reluctantly took hold of it and shook. His hand was small compared to mine, and his fingers were cold.

"Use this class to show him around. You can leave your backpack here George."

George nodded and took his backpack off, placing it at an empty desk. I walked out of the room, George following closely behind. I stopped for a moment to decide where to take him, before making my way towards the gym.

"Well this is the gym." I said quietly as we arrived at the doors. Basketballs against the wooden court could be heard as I slightly opened the door, allowing George to look in.

He stepped in front of me and peered in for a moment before stepping back. I looked in briefly as well to see Nick shooting free throws with some other boys. He didn't notice me however, so I closed the door and headed down the hallway to the library.

As we walked, George inspected the variety of posters plastered onto the walls yet didn't ask any questions. Instead, he walked silently behind me as we arrived at the library.

I opened the door and took a step in, allowing George room to step in as well. His eyes scanned across the rows of books before stopping at the computers along the far wall.

"Are we allowed to use those?" He whispered, not taking his eyes off of them.

"Yea you can. Don't play games on them they'll catch you very fast. I say this from experience."

George slightly grinned as we turned around and headed back out the doors that we had just entered.

We passed the cafeteria and he looked in. It was almost empty except for a few students sitting around who didn't have a class this period.

"That's a big cafeteria." George whispered. I was almost unable to hear him due to how quietly he spoke.

"Yea, the food is decent but I don't recommend eating it everyday."

George nodded and turned away from the open doors. I turned as well and showed him where the Nurse's office was as well as the guidance counselor's room.

I pulled out my phone from my pocket to check the time. We still had a decent amount of time before the class would be done.

"Um well we still have some time before the period ends, is there anything else you want to see?"

George pulled out his phone from his pocket and turned it on. He glanced at the screen for a second before slipping it back into his pocket.

"Can you show me where computer tech is? That's my next class."

I nodded and made my way towards the staircase. George shuffled behind me as I walked down the stairs. We stopped at a classroom that had rows of computers. No kids were in the class, yet the teacher sat at his desk.

"Here's computer tech." I said, moving out of the way so George could see. He peaked in and scanned his eyes across the room. The teacher, Mr. Benson, and I made eye contact.

"May I help you Clay?" He said, standing up from his chair and walking over to the doorway. George took a step back and looked at the ground.

"Oh I was just showing a new student around. He has your class next period."

Mr. Benson nodded and stuck out his hand, "Hi there, what's your name?"

George looked up and lightly shook his hand, "I'm George."