Chapter 16

George's hand gripped my wrist lightly while his other hand rested on my hip. I pulled away from his lips a little, my face still close to his. Water droplets ran down his face from his hair that hung down over his forehead. He smiled before I kissed him again, one of my hands leaving his face and pulling his body closer to mine by the hip.

After we pulled away, he smiled as he looked up at me, the rain dripping down his face. My hair had flattened out over my eyes from the water, so I flipped it to the side so that I could see.

"Wow, I can't believe I actually did that." I laughed. I had no idea what to expect out of showing up at his house randomly on a Monday night, but kissing him was definitely not the plan.

George opened his mouth to speak, but instead held the eye contact for a little while longer before burying his head into my chest, wrapping his arms around my back. I rested my chin on his head and let my hands run through his hair. I planted a kiss on the top of his head and resumed running my hand through his hair. The rain continued to fall as I let myself melt in his touch. The feeling I had longed for all weekend, I finally had it.

George shivered in my arms from the cold rain that had now drenched us from head to toe. I pulled away from the hug and let my arms sit on his shoulders as he looked up at me.

"Listen, there is a lot that you don't know about me yet, so I have to wait until I can make you mine. Also, this is all very new to me so I'm sorry if I screw something up." I said quietly.

"I'm new to this too, so don't worry, and I understand. I'm just happy that I didn't fuck everything up between us." He laughed slightly and pulled me in for another hug. I smiled and hugged back. "Go home now, you're gonna get sick." He mumbled, pulling away.

"What if I don't want to." I pouted, running my fingers through my hair to get it out of my eyes.

"Your clothes are drenched, Clay. Go home and warm up." He said, lightly hitting my arm.

"Oh really? I did not know that I was getting wet. Thank you for telling me George." I said, smirking as George rolled his eyes. "Besides, I probably look so hot like this." I said sarcastically.

George raised one of his eyebrows before speaking, "More like a wet dog. Now go." He responded, trying to push me by the chest to my car.

I scoffed as I let him push me towards the driveway, although his giggle made my lips turn upward into a smile. I opened the car door and sat down with my legs still hanging out of the car. I turned my keys and started the car up before looking up at George.

His hands were tucked into the front pocket of his sweatshirt as he looked down at me, a smile on his face. He flipped his hair back so it would be out of his eyes. Instead of pulling my seatbelt down and leaving, I continued to look up at him and smile.

"Why are you looking at me?" He giggled, moving closer to the car. "Go home stupid."

"I will, I will." I said, raising one of my eyebrows.

He stood confused for a moment before raising his eyebrows in realization. He leaned down and put his hands on my knees to lean on them. His face was level with mine as he smiled and leaned forward towards my lips. Instead of meeting mine, he stopped an inch before my mouth and giggled.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Clay. Bright and early." His smile spread across his whole face before he pulled away and stood up.

"You are so evil." I laughed and pulled my legs into the car, placing them on the pedals. George smirked and stuck his head back into the car, softly planting a kiss on my cheek, making my face heat up.

"See you tomorrow." He turned and walked to his front porch, standing under the overhang until I pulled out of the driveway and made my way home.

Water dripped down my back and face from my hair, but I did not care. The smile on my face started to make my cheeks hurt, yet I couldn't bring myself to stop. My shirt clung to my body uncomfortably, making me shift in my seat as I drove quickly home.

The road was fairly empty, so the drive home was smooth and fast. My dad's car was in the driveway, so I quietly closed my car door and ran into the house, running straight to my room to avoid conflict. After shutting and locking my door, I completely changed out of my wet clothes and threw them into the corner, not caring about anything in the moment. I put on a pair of grey shorts and a blue hoodie before grabbing my phone and scrolling to Nick's contact, my hand shaking with excitement.

He picked up after a few seconds, his headset over a baseball cap.

"What's wrong?" He said before looking over to his phone, "Oh, you're smiling. What happened? Why is your hair wet?"

"I was outside." I responded, my voice shaky from how hard it was to keep the excitement in my tone down.

"Why the hell were you outside? It's pouring." He said, setting his phone down and taking his headphones off.

"I was, um, at George's." I said back. Nick's eyes widened and he quickly grabbed his phone and brought it closer to his face.

"Why were you at George's?" He asked, staring into the camera.

"Well it's hard to explain. I was going to call him to talk but I couldn't so then I ended up driving to his house uncontrollably."

"And?" Nick questioned.

"And what?"

"What happened you idiot? Did you talk it out?"

I stifled a laugh before speaking again, "Yep, we definitely talked." I couldn't help but laugh. Nick's cluelessness was too amusing.

"Clay! Give me the details you bitch."

"Well I showed up right, and we talked for like a minute, and then we uh, kinda kissed."

"YOU WHAT?" He yelled, dropping his phone. It hit the ground with a "thud" as he scrambled to pick it back up.

"Twice." I added in.

"TWICE?" He yelled again. I laughed and laid back on my bed.

"Ok hold on, I need to collect myself." He took a deep breath and spoke again. "I would like all the details right now mister."

I told him every detail, from the minute I arrived to the minute I left. He sat and listened through it all, making small comments during it. He was very excited that I had finally expressed feelings towards someone.

I yawned, "I need to sleep, I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Alright goodnight. I love you and I'm proud of you." Nick said back, rubbing his eye with his hand.

"Thank you, I love you too. Goodnight." I hung up the phone and turned my lights off. Before putting my phone down, I opened up George and I's texts.

Me:
We'll talk tomorrow. Goodnight <3

George:
Old school heart I see, I'll match you. Goodnight <3

I smiled and turned my phone off and plugged it in. My smile never left my face as I dozed off with ease.

Yes I am alive and have supplied a new chapter. Sorry they take so long I get writers block (:

I'm going to start doing this after every chapter, but use this paragraph to comment any questions or just overall thoughts, I will respond to every single comment!