Chapter 11

"Just accept it."

I was unable to shake that saying from my head. There was nothing to accept in my mind, I did not have feelings for George. He was just a good friend that I liked to joke around with. I turned the keys and pulled them out of my car before stepping out and walking into the quiet house. I fell onto my bed and stared up at the ceiling.

Nick knew me better than anyone, but I refused to believe that he knew my own feelings before I knew them myself. The last thing I wanted was to break down from my thoughts again, so I pulled out some of the make up work that had been due the next day and got to work, not putting too much thought into the different questions.

I took a small break from my homework to eat a sandwich for dinner. My parents were still not home, which was fine by me. The peace and quiet all to myself without the unnecessary interruptions from my father. I got back upstairs and checked my phone to see a missed call from George.

My hand started to shake and my heart beat faster as I clicked on his contact to call him back. It rang twice before he answered with a cheerful tone.

"Hi." He said, the excitement evident in his voice.

"Hey." I held the phone up to my ear with my shoulder as I cleaned up the homework sprawled all over my bed. I shoved it back into my backpack as I did not plan to finish the rest, too much work.

"How are you?" He asked as I zipped up my backpack after shoving the different papers into it.

"I'm doing good, how about you?"

"I am still mad that you took a shower without me." I could hear his smirk through the phone as he stifled a laugh.

"Yea I'm sure you are." I adjusted myself so that I could lay on my back and have the phone propped up to my ear, so I was able to lay both hands across my stomach as I talked.

"I am. Oh right I have a question."

"What would that be?"

"Would you uh," he swallowed and his voice became slightly shaky, something you could only notice if you had been paying close attention, "want to uh, come over tomorrow after school?"

My eyebrows raised in slight shock. I had not been expecting him to ask that. Before I was able to respond, he added a quick sentence.

"Just you and me."

I found myself smiling as I gave him a "yes" in response. Nick was going to be proud of me for hanging out with someone other than him, since I had been over his house practically every weekend since we were little.

"Yay!" He said. I could tell he was very happy with my response, yet he tried to play off his excitement by speaking in a quieter tone. "My mom will be home if that's alright with you. I know how you get with new people."

"Yea that's fine don't worry. I cannot wait to tell her about how you begged to join me in the shower the other day." I laughed as he went silent for a moment.

"That won't be necessary." He said. The call went quiet for a few seconds before he began to speak again. "You know I do have a pretty nice shower if-"

"Shut up George." I interrupted as he spoke.

"Sorry."

We both laughed at the stupid jokes that we had just made. We talked for a while after that, letting the other speak about whatever we wanted and turning it into a conversation.

We talked for longer than expected, as we were both shocked when we looked at the time. It had been late, and I could tell George was getting pretty tired.