Chapter 20

The next two weeks flew by, taking us into May. Everything was perfect. George and I were doing great, and it felt normal. We decided to not say anything except to Nick of course, just for our own privacy. Nick's mom knew as well, and she was very excited for the both of us.

School was normal, the regular classes and fun discussions at lunch never stopped. The three of us hung out at Nick's house on weekends and Fridays, Nick cracking dumb jokes about George and I every chance he got. Neither of us minded, and we always laughed along.

George kept drawing the same smile on my hand whenever it faded away. His delicate hand holding onto my palm as he scribbled the simple design down. We agreed that once we turned 18 we would both get it tattooed. I only agreed to it since he would do it with me.

One day it was raining and George had "accidentally" forgotten to take a hoodie to school. I knew he just wanted mine, but I didn't mind. I took it off and handed it to him at lunch and his face lit up. It was a couple sizes too big for the petite boy but it was cute. I wouldn't be getting that back anytime soon.

Having to refrain myself from kissing him or even touching him an excessive amount at school was difficult, and I found myself making an effort to even touch his hand slightly. Whether it be our fingers brushing past each other while walking or just poking him out of nowhere. I stole a few pecks in the bathroom at school, just because I couldn't help myself.

Life was getting better. I wasn't at home much and my mom even stopped drinking as much, although there were still occasions when she was absolutely wasted on the couch, but it was understandable. Especially after such a long period of time when she was addicted. My dad remained the same, still the asshole that he was. I got a few slaps here and there but nothing too bad. I tried to cross our paths as little as possible.

It was a beautiful Friday, and the three of us had been eating lunch. The sun coming in through the tall windows next to our table made all of us squint. George and I had matched accidentally, both wearing a blue shirt with black shorts, although mine was plain and his had a random logo on it. Of course, the matching bracelets George had made us as well. We had noticed the outfits as I picked him up, a smile spreading across both of our faces instantly. We decided that we had been on the same 'wavelength' and carried on.

Nick on the other hand was wearing a white adidas t-shirt and black shorts, along with a black baseball hat that he had been yelled at to take it off at least three times. He took it off temporarily and right after the class he rested it on his head yet again.

"I need to go to the bathroom. Don't let anyone steal my backpack, there's valuable stuff in there." Nick said, pointing to his backpack slumped against the chair and walking away, phone in hand.

"I wouldn't consider a shit load of Gatorade to be 'valuable'." I made air quotations with my fingers and looked over to George, who smiled with a mouthful of pasta, probably leftovers from his dinner the night before.

"Me either. Wanna grab me one?" He covered his mouth with the back of his hand as he finished chewing, nodding his head in the direction of Nick's backpack.

I reached down and unzipped the main pocket, reaching in and grabbing two bottles, both blue. I slid one to George and kept the other in front of me before zipping the bag back up.

"Thanks. You're still good to come over after school right?" He unscrewed the cap almost all the way before flicking it off at me, hitting my chest and landing back on the table.

"Nice shot. Yes i'm good to come over." I unscrewed my own bottle and took a long sip, chugging half of it. George and I didn't get much alone time, and Nick needed a break from us anyway, so we decided today would be a good day to hangout at George's.