three

"levi!" mr oaks called out my fathers name and they both gave eachother a hug. they both laughed the way i imagined they would.

"kevin, meet my children, hudson, mia and luca." my father introduced us to the principle. i was starting to feel a bit more comfortable now that i knew my father knew mr oaks. i shook his hand and proceeded to sit down on the chair. my older brother, hudson, decided he was going to stand. my father placed luca on his lap.

"may i ask how you know eachother?" i asked both of them and mr oaks lifted his eyebrows while sitting down in his office chair.

"you're father and i used to be bestfriends back in the day." i nodded and he started to pull out some paper work. i knew he looked a little familiar, i'd probably seen his face in one of the wedding albums.

"so how have you been levi? i haven't heard from you in years." mr oaks admitted. "we've been getting on pretty well as we should" i'm really hoping that he already knows about my mother's passing so we didn't have to have this awkward conversation.

my father and mr oaks spoke for a while, they had a little get together before moving onto me.

"so, mia. do you think you got what it takes to study here?" mr oaks asked me and just before i was going to answer, he cut me off and started to chuckle. he was a pretty numerous guy.

"i'm kidding, i know you have what it takes. your father has sent my a bunch of videos of you performing since you were a little girl. you are very talented mia." i smiled at him and he passed me my application sheet.

"now just a few things before you can get enrolled, you need to pick 3 subjects to study here. as it is an arts school, we provide many options for our students here." i looked down at the sheet and hudson was eyeing it behind my shoulder. they had musical theatre, creative writing, design, songwriting, music, backstage management, dance and more.

wow.

this place really is the dream.

"we'd cover the fundings for you studying here, since i know your father and knew your mother, it's the least i could do." wow, so it's because i'm a pity show. that's why i'm here. i suddenly felt all that happiness and motivation leave my body when he mentioned me being here because of the passing of my mom. my dad held my hand mid conversation to check if i was still listening and i gave him a slight smile.

"so, mia the choice is yours." mr oaks said, passing me the pen to fill out the application. i already know what i'd like to do. i looked down the box's to fill out the application. luca couldn't help but stare at the bowl sweets that were sitting on mr oaks desk.

hudson kept quiet, staring around the office. i mean he wasn't the arts kind of guy, but just knowing i'd get to still see him everyday at home makes my life a bit easier.

i ticked the songwriting box, acting and design. i was contemplating whether if i wanted to do creative writing, it could bind together with my songwriting. but i wouldn't wanna be writing a book any times soon. i'll just stick with three i have. i passed the application to my father, he had the last box's to fill.

"here take one buddy." luca practically leaped at the box of candy. he picked out a lollipop and hudson took one too. he offered me one but i refused. i wasn't too hungry for anything sweet after the breakfast i just had.