one

the name is mia and quite frankly,i'm sick of introducting myself constantly.moving country to country is extremely exhausting and doesn't help with my adolescence.

we just landed in canada, my younger brother luca held onto my hand very tightly and my older brother hudson followed behind us.

"mia, catch!" hudson said throwing around one of lucas's stuffed animals. i wasn't the sporty type, the stuffed animal hit the side of my head and landed on the floor. i turned around and hit him.

hudson was a year older than me, 18 turning 19. even though he was annoying, he was my older brother and he loved to protect me. he'd pick me up from school, be the first to call when i'm not at home and also we'd have late night talks in the kitchen. he was more into sports, my dad had gotten him a scholarship here, he figured since hudson was so into ice hockey, why not move all of us back here.

he didn't take into consideration my dreams or aspirtations, that's why he carelessly moved me along with luca.

"kids, stop." my dad mentioned as he tried to check us out of the airport. i moved my curly bangs away from my eyes and pulled my phone out. i never usually had any messages because i didn't have any friends. i only had my music.

when dad was done started, we started to walk out of the airport and knto the freezing cold snow. luca was easily distracted by it.

"mia, pick him up and make sure he doesn't get any water on his hearing aid." yes, luca is partly deaf, he has a type of hearing loss named nerve deafness (sensorineural hearing loss) . some children will lose their hearing later in childhood. one of those children, is luca. his hearing aids can help his improve hearing and speech. the type of hearing loss may be caused by damaged hair cells...

i don't wanna bore of with all this biology talk.

luca glared at me, he knew what was coming. he started to run away and unfortunately i had to be the one to chase him. hudson laughed behind me and i rolled my eyes.

"luca slow down." he looked back at me and ran even faster. "i want to play in the snow." he giggled and i got even more frustrated.

"you'll get the play with all the snow you like when we get to the house." i said, my dad mentioned that this was his home town, he wanted to 'show us around'. but we all knew this was one of his business trips. i got a tiny bit closer to luca and finally grabbed him.

"come on bud." i threw him over my shoulder and walked back to the 9 seater that my father and hudson was waiting by.

"mia."  he called my name, i could tell by the tone in his voice he wasn't very happy.

"yeah, luca"

"why did we leave colorado?" he asked. to be honest, i didn't know what to tell the 5 year old, he had so much to look foward too. i had to be honest with him, but i didn't want him to have any false hope about staying here.

"dad's got some work to do." i said to him as he drew circles around the back of my neck. his tiny fingers were cold. i finally got back to my dad and hudson , i passed luca along to my dad and stepped into the car. we were soon off on the road, my dad noted that the trip would be quite long. i was all fond of falling asleep. lucas was in his car seat fast asleep from all that running and hudson was talking to the multiple girls on his phone.