thirty two

no relationship is perfect, ever. there are always some ways you have to bend, to compromise, to give something up in order to gain something greater. i'm sure charlie gave up a lot of things for me. the love we have for each other is bigger than these small differences. and that's the key.

i really do wonder when he's gonna ask me to be his girlfriend. there's no rush.

after i took enough pictures of charlie's back, he allowed i used a bunch of alcohol wipes to remove the paint of his back. i kind of enjoyed it. just because it was calming being with him. even better, charlie decided to stay over for dinner, he got to know my family a little better. my father made some lean pasta and meatballs. he tried to make it the way mom used to make it. it was cute how he was trying to follow my mom's footsteps.

we were all just finishing up our food, i ate a little slowly, charlie accepted me for that. my dad had luca sat on his knee as he drank some of hudson's juice.

" so charlie,how did you manage to catch my daughter?" he said after he sipped some of his red wine.

some parent have this twisted belief that anyone under the age of about twenty simply can't know what love is, like the age to love is assessed in the same way the law assesses the legal age to drink. they think that the 'emotional growth' of a teenager's mind is too underdeveloped to understand love, to know if it's 'real' or not. the truth is that adults love in different ways, not the only way.

my parents see open to knowing who i liked and when, they thought it was better for the attachment between my and my parents. and i can't lie, i think it was good because i never usually lie to my dad about anything.

"capture?" i asked about my father's choice of words. charlie chuckled a bit.

"i first noticed her at the coffee shop down town." he started but i was intrigued to interrupt.

"you remember that?" and he nodded, smiling his cheeks off.

"of course, i did." he smiled, discreetly looking down at my lips and looking back up.

"i then met her at school, we kind of properly met in front of the sun." charlie tried to explain as he held my hand under the table.

hudson scoffed and i kid you not, my leg was faster than the speed of light. i booted his leg under the table. he wasn't the type for displays of affection, either verbal or not. he was disgusted by couples that made out in the street s, and got annoyed at even the slightest sappy moments in movies. he was also the first to cover luca's eyes during a movie.

i knew he cared about me: he just conveyed it more subtly, not infront of anyone who wasn't in our family. we were together, all the time. so he didn't have to prove how he felt about me. like so much else, i would just know.

"it was after the fight." i reminded my dad and he finally caught on.

"we both missed the first period of theatre class, talking in the back garden of the school.now that i think of it, there is never a time or place for love. it happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment." he spoke words of wisdom and i didn't think he realised that he called me his true love infront of my family. i held his hand a little tighter. i took another bite of my meatball as i watched my dad smile.