fifteen

i was walking all alone in what felt like the stillest dead of night.everything was shadowy and dim, the world perfectly silent, paraded by some sort of stillness i could never imagine . it was like i was completely alone in the world-- the only living entity that existed. disconnected entirely from this gloomy world where i had no purpose. it wasn't snowing, it was just pitch black and i had known canada to be a beautiful place, but when it was dark. the darkness had really ruined the scenery.

i rubbed my eyes, i couldn't recall coming out here.

i rubbed them one more time.

and next thing i knew, there was this rapid wave of blinding whiteness that flashed in front of me, similar to the flashing of a camera just a few inches away from my eyes. i stumbled backwards and fell into a seat with the white light washing over me and i thought i was now driving behind the wheel of a car.  but i wasn't, i was in a car seat. i turned to my left and saw my little brother, luca strapped into his car seat with his head down.

hudson was no where to be seen and neither was my father.

i looked to see who was speeding so fast, who was driving the car so fast. i leaned foward out of my seat and saw a woman i'd never think i'd see.

it was my mother.

"mom." i called, shaking her, she was unconscious yet the car was moving so fast. blood was dripping extremely fast down the side of her head, her eyes were rolled to the back of her brain. i shook her, trying to wake her so she could stop the car.

"mom! please wake up!" i screamed at the top of my lungs. i saw us coming in contact with a tree. it's like my brain was mocking me, luca all of a sudden started screaming. saying that he couldn't hear, he couldn't hear.

my lip started to quiver.

i grabbed both sides of my head and started to scream at my own body.

"please stop!" i screamed and i hadn't even heard the crash, i opened my eyes once more, and my brain was laughing at me, it made me witness the worst sight possible i'd ever seen in my life.

my little brother being carried lifeless into a man's arms, my eyes glimmered with watery tears and i felt as if whole world was about to crumble. i dropped down on my knees and screamed with all my might. i hated this, i needed to get out.

get out of this nightmare.

i sobbed and tears flooded like the water that came rushing down from a waterfall and the only time i'd stop was to fill my lungs with fresh air.

i suddenly felt this sense of life come back to me. someone was calling my name and shaking me. my eyes flutter open, still left with the remaining tears. i expected to see hudson as he was the one who always handled my nightmares.

but instead, i saw charlie's face in front of mine, his hands caressed the side of my face. i felt like i couldn't speak.

"mia! " i looked into his eyes as he sat beside me and started to calm me down, "you're safe" he must have came from my brothers room. he started off with a brief dose of empathy, saying :

"i'm sorry." his words soothed me. he then gently started to play with my hair.

"it was just a bad dream. i'm here." he coos,he grabbed the back of my neck, pulling me into the crook of his neck. he hugged for a long period of time, it was until he knew my heart rate was down and my breathing was back to normal.