seven

charlie and i walked side by side through the empty halls, class had already started and we weren't in it.

"sir." charlie said but he was stopped by mr oaks.

"we'll talk about it when we get to the office." he tried to say as politely as he can but charlie still got a little mad. he looked over at me and gave me a look that said 'i tried'.

we walked into his nicely decorated office and sat down on the two seats infront of his desk. the office was painted grey, and it had only one floor-to-ceiling window, which faced the gates of the school.on the grey desk sat an imac computer, a notebook lying open, and a stack of papers sitting under a paperweight. in a corner, the air conditioner was blasting at medium, and there was a swivel chair in the middle of the office. a bookshelf, bursting with books was in a corner.

"can you explain to me what happened during lunch?" he sat down on his chair and pulled up a blank document on the computer. he saw the confused look on my face.

"it's a report statement, just tell the truth and you'll be fine." mr oaks specified and i saw charlie's finger tapping on his knee.charlie started to explain his side of the story, he stated everything he remembered happening and i confirmed because i was there for some part of the story.

when it was my turn to explain, i stuttered a few times, but i'd gotten my words out on my own. mr oaks was on his last words to type and clicked print. the tensions as high for us because we didn't know what mr oaks was going to say. he collected the documents from the printer and placed them at the side of his desk.

"okay, your stories with jeremy, owen and ella's correlate." he admitted, so that means he knew we weren't lying. thank god for them.

"so, you found kristina with john in the janitor's closet?" mr oaks pointed out and sat down on his chair. charlie hurtfully shook his head. "and so you fought with john for it." mr oaks questioned him again and charlie nodded.

"and mia, you pushed kristina because she said something about luca." he asked me and i nodded. he sighed and shook his head.

"kids, you've got to learn how to control your anger. self control is the master key here, if you have that, then you can open all the doors." he advised and we both nodded our head.

"i want to reassure both of you that this situation will be dealt seriously." it should be dealt with seriously, with all the chaos kristina has caused, i can no longer think straight.

"but most importantly, i want to make it clear that we do not tolerate violence here. so i'm afraid i'm gonna have to suspend you both for two days." he decided, my palms got a bit sweaty. i don't know what my dad was gonna think of this .

"but principal oaks the performance showcase is after school today and i have a duet... well i had a duet before kris-tina cheated. but i also have a group performance." charlie tried to persuade him. he was still getting used to saying kristina's name. principal oaks sighed, he must have know. how important charlie's role was in the show.

"fine, but you are still performing the duet since they're already printed out on the programmes." charlie scratched the back of his head.

"mr oaks, i can't do a duet by myself." he laughed at how gullible he was being.

"charlie, you're doing it with mia and she's gonna have to learn it by tonight."