seventeen

it's painful, really, watching someone's love fade away from you. it's difficult, knowing that i can't experience it all at once. it has to come day by day. slowly dying. slowly breaking. slowly finishing. i was sitting at the police station next to charlie, we were about a metre apart in a cell.

we'd been brought here for suspicious activity. i was stressed, i was just a bit upset.

about charlie and i.

i knew i was experiencing this pain one way or another too, i realised that i was more in love with the memories that charlie and i had created rather than the person who i see now. but regardless, i had never fallen so deep into heartbreak before.

i know i'd only been around him for three days max, but i swear it felt different, it's like he was my soulmate.

the only fear i never wanted to face was loving him more than he loved me, because nothing destroyed my soul more than something so euphorical becoming something so unbearably toxic. i was tapping my foot on the ground. although i was at a police station, it was very quite, i didn't know if it was because it was late or because this area had a low crime rate.

we had already taken the drug tests, told them why and what we were shouting about. it was so unnecessary.

i was sitting on the bench, looking at the ground. the last time i looked at charlie was when we out on the street. i didn't have the bravery nor confidence to look at him again. it may be wrong for me to mad and upset charlie, i mean he was doing this so he could continue his love for music. but it just sucks that we can't talk anymore.

a female police officer opened our cell and walked in stubbornly. she threw the box with our belonging on the floor and started to talk to us:

"okay, you kids can have your stuff back and start making your way home." i picked up my phone, keys and jewelry out of the box and made my way out of the cell. i quickly turned a few corners in the hall way and made my way out of the station, meeting the snow once again.

i'd seen a familiar black range rover along with a blonde figure leaning on the car. i walked towards it, slowly focusing my eyes in that direction.

owen was waiting by the car. i texted him when we were in the police car to come and pick me up. i didn't explain anything to him, it would be wrong of me to tell him about charlie's business. he just knew that i was upset.

"mia." he walked over to me and gave me a hug. i had stayed in his embrace for a few moments, wishing it that everything that happened today didn't happen. i dried my tears onto his jacket and he titled my head up with his index finger.

"are you alright?"owen asked and i shrugged my shoulders. owen had pulled away from the hug, he welcomed a person behind me. that person was jacob and behind jacob was charlie. i stared at jacob for a little longer.

he was much more tanned and had darker hair than charlie. he looked quite scary infact, his eyes were fierce and he had a much more toned body, his abs were defined through black shirt he was wearing along with the black leather jacket.

"who's your pretty lady?" jacob mentioned and i looked up, seeing that he was looking over at me. my eyes drifted to charlie who was looking directly at me, he hand shaped in a fist.