ten

the theatre stage is our heavenly gateway, a place where the truth can sing. perhaps one day the sanity it speaks of - in plays, dances and songs. charlie lead me to backstage as i wasn't quite familiar with the school yet. something i wasn't familiar with was his walking speed. he was walking so fast, he was definitely a few steps ahead of me

"come on mia." he turned around and he laces our fingers, dragging me along the hallway.and i'm dead.i'am actually dead. there's no other way to explain it. i'm walking through a music school, holding hands with the cutest boy i've ever met, and i'm dead. and to make it ten times worse, my mouth isn't working.it's like i'm stunned into silence. that never happens.

we both bursted into the green room. the green room is the space in a theatre or similar venue that functions as a waiting room and lounge for performers before, during, and after a performance or show when they are not on stage.

it was filled with talented kids, rehearsing their songs, trying to remember their lines and fixing their make up. i look to the corner to see our group. charlie dragged me over and i followed.

"hey guys." charlie said, sitting down on the empty seat. i was left standing imbetween jeremy and owen. ella was beside owen, trying to fix her eyeshadow. i didn't mind though, it's not like my legs were tired from all that fast paced walking.

"glad you guys finally made it!" jeremy's enthusiasm lighted up the room. he gave me a hug and his hugs were tight. i smacked owen who was glued to his phone.

"ow! mia, you hitting my head is totally fine, go ahead, feel free to do it again, not like i need my brain to perform " owen blurted out and i couldn't tell whether he was being sarcastic or not.

"don't mind him, he's just nervous." ella pointed out and i smiled. i was watching her do her make up and i was fascinated. she drew black liquid eyeliner over her top lid, added purple glitter shadow, rolled thick mascara on her lashes, and brushed her hair. she added gloss to her lips and rubbed lotion over her arms and chest.

"so, mia." charlie started of the conversation, i watched his hair bounce up and down from him turning his head away from jeremy.

"when was the last time you performed infront of a crowd?" he asked and i saw owen stand from his seat, biting his nails and walking over to the drum set in the corner of the room. i sat down and and began to genenrate and answer for charlie.

"maybe a few years ago, if i can recall correctly" i admitted and it brought some kid of worry in my chest. i hadn't performed infront of a crowd in years, what if i slip up, what if i forget my lyrics or even worse, fall of the stag-

"mia, you'll be fine." charlie could already see my anxiety coming from miles away. he gently held my hand and i felt my body calm down a bit.

"just keep your eyes on me when we're up there." he smiled, man his teeth her so white. how was this man so perfect. i mean i would've thought he'd have one flaw, but this man doesn't have any.

"charlie do you know how the riff goes?" i heard owen say, he looked a bit worried himself. charlie nodded, he looked over at me for confirmation. "i'll be two minutes." charlie noted and i nodded. he walked over to the drum set and guitar stands in the right corner of the room.

"tell me if i'm wrong,but i think charlie has a little thing for you" jeremy said placing his bass on the side of his room.