thirty eight

art opened a pathway to peace. listening to my music and drawing really helped me block myself out of the world. it was also a helpful technique when i was alone in my old school. my group of friends and i came back from
rehearsal of the musical. i'm currently sat on my bed, sketching my thoughts away.

i pushed tapped the side of my airpod to change the song, while i chewed my gum. i turned around to grab another coloured pencil and witnessed a young man with long brown curly hair standing at the door. when i'd noticed him, he fell out of his daydreaming stance.

"hello there." gillespie smile was from ear to ear, he walked over with his hands behind his back, he sat on the bed infront of me. placing my sketchbook to the side. atleast he let me know he wanted to attention.

"hi." i smiled, i really did like seeing him and i truly hoped he knew that. when he got to my bed, his hands slowly hovered over my drawing, feeling the texture.

"how's the project going?" charlie asked politely running his hands through his freshly washed hair.

"it's going okay." i noted, lowering the volume in my airpods. i blast my music quite loud. i noticed he was looking directly at my hands. i heard my friends laugh downstairs, they were sat in my living room.

"what's up?" i asked him, pulling him closer to me using the neck of his shirt.

"you're not wearing your ring." he noticed as i looked down at my hand. i briefly remember taking it off and placing it on my dressing table before i left the house for school this morning.

"yeah, i left over there." i said honestly, i said it in a tone where he could tell that i didn't want to start a fight. i quickly scanned his hand and noticed he was now wearing his. charlie reached for my left hand. taking a circular object out of his pocket and giving it to me.

"here. although i'd rather you left it on." i examined my hand, then the ring, and it slid over my knuckle and back again with ease.

"i saw it sitting on your dresser before leaving for school." he ran a coaxing hand along my spine.

"go on a date with me. tonight?" he asked sweetly as his played with my fingers, he was really cute when he tried to impress me. i started to think if i had anything to do today.

"come on, you can't 'forget' my ring and then refuse to let me take you out." charlie lowered his head to kiss my ear.

"i'll be ruined." he pouted while working his way to the soft place behind my earlobe. he sent shivers down my spine. i think charlie was forgetting that we were at school. i gently tried to push him away, but his touch was awfully addictive.

i failed miserably.

"and i'll feel like a bad boyfriend." he added, wow what a 'cherry on top' comment. he was trying to make me feel guilty, but he didn't know that i knew he had a doctors appointment today. he's been trying to avoid it because he hated that place after what had happened.

despite the seriousness of the matter, i had to bite back a smile.

"i'm doing you a great favor by refusing you. you'll thank me for it someday." i dropped my pencil and turned over to him.

"we are going to that doctors appointment." he rolled his eyes.

"hey, great effort for the plan though." i pecked his lips softly and just as he was going to go in for another-