five

true art is channelled through the loving heart, guided by emotions that stir the soul to loving bonds and the sort of imagination that is free and child-like in its sense of wonder and joy. art is not a technical skill, but it helps me be brave enough to reconnect with my soul.

so, i sat in the audience seating area, drawing in my songbook and listening to my music. i liked to draw images that reminded me of the good times. the image i was drawing was of my ex boyfriend. i imagined what he'd look like now, i haven't seen in ages.

when my mom was alive, she quoted from bob marley, saying that only once in your life, i now truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around.

you tell them things that you've never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more.you share hopes for the future, dreams that will never come true, goals that were never achieved and the many disappointments life has thrown at you.

when something wonderful happens, you can't wait to tell them about it, knowing they will share in your excitement.they are not embarrassed to cry with you when you are hurting or laugh with you when you make a fool of yourself.

time is practically unchangeable, there is physically nothing we can do to stop time. you have to live it to the fullest. i felt a dip in the side of my chair, i was still looking at the ground with my hair in my face.

someone began to move my hair out of my face and i quickly retaliated. i ripped my airpods out and jumped backwards in my chairs.

"sorry." i heard the strong accented canadian say. he looked down at my songbook and i quickly closed it.

"i just wanted to check up on you." charlie explained and i bit my bottom lip. not in an attractive way, dude i was shitting myself.

"and i wanted to apologise about my girlfriend." he apologised, he looked sincere.

"it's okay." his eyes looked like they lighted up when i spoke.why was he apologising for his girlfriends actions. i would've asked him why but i don't know him yet.

"i-i'm charlie." he held out his hand and i looked at it. it took me a second to give in, but i did.

"mia." we shook hands and his eyes glided towards the songbook imbetween my lap. shit, no i was not ready to talk about this.

"so what do you study?" he asked me, he looked pretty calm. his eyes were fixated on mine, it was pretty hard to look away from him really. as much as i tried, i failed to do so.

"i study, music, design and musical theatre " he smiled and nodded.

for a moment i couldn't speak as i stared up into his handsome face. god had spent time with this man, crafting him with bold, princely features and eyes as blue and intense as the ocean.

"that's cool, i study music, musical theatre and creative writing." he replied and i smiled. he started to play with his rings, i couldn't tell if he was nervous though, he hid himself so well.

now i'm kind of wishing i did creative writing.

what?

don't look at me like that, you know you'd do the same.

"so what you writing?" he pointed at the book. i immediately started to defend the songbook as if it was human.