sixteen

if you're wondering what i'm doing. i'm currently trying to write a song, i have the pencil stuck behind my ear and my head rested on one of my palms. i kept scribbling down thoughts but none of it was working.
i growled and shut my notebook. i wanted to throw myself at a wall, why did writing music have to be so hard?

actually, let me rephrase that:

why did i have to have writers block right now?

it was only difficult because i didn't have anything to write about. my mom always used to tell me, music should fill the air without effort, like the waves filling holes in beach sand; the sound rushing in and around every person in the room.

some react to the beat, others continue in chatter, but always it speaks to them in some manner. a lively tempo can lift them, elevate the spirit, or move them to dance, whilst a slow one can relax the mood. before the notes filled the air every person was an island, with it they all feel the same tidal flows and the beginnings of togetherness feels warm.

a vibration along with a bell noise disturbed my thoughts, it was a text message and when my eyes could focus i realised it was not only owen, but hudson and my dad.

i had been so focused on my music that i always forget to check my phone. i opened my dad's one first, he was obviously my number one priority.

my dad sent me a text message with a picture.

the message said :

"hi honey, luca and iceman wanted to say hey!" the picture attached was luca next to a snowman, he was the cutest. his hat was snuggled on his head, with his hands hugging the snowman. my thumbs starts to guide my way to the message i wanted to send.

"tell him i said hi to him and his new best friend, i hope you guys are having fun" i laughed at luca's imagination.

i next opened hudson's message, it was a picture of the forest, it was beautiful and although hudson may not seem like it, he was a great photographer. i spoke to him about taking more photos but he was really into hockey. he would send me his photos because he just wanted to appreciation.

"this is beautiful." i texted back.

now it was owen's text message. i opened it hoping it was something important. i laughed to myself, i need to remember that anything that comes out of his mouth is funny. my eyes scanned a text message.

"do you know if charlie has a birth mark on his butt?" he asked, i thought about it, why was i thinking about this.

"owen why would i know that?" i texted back and laughing a bit. i looked at the time on my phone, it was
6:45. charlie's probably at work now, i did think about dropping by. his shift started 3 hours ago and it finishes at 8.

maybe i should drop by. i had my shower not too long ago so i just switched into my outfit which consisted of a white fluffy sweatshirt, grey jogging bottoms with high top vans. i wasn't dressing to impress i just wanted to pop in, maybe get something to eat, grab a hot chocolate-

okay, these sound like excuse, on a real, i just wanted to spent time with charlie. i haven't seen him all day and i know that he's coming back to stay for one more day, but atleast i'd get to know more about him and his job,