twenty two

when i arrived home from after school i sat down and started to draw an outline of a photo i was drawing, i decided to draw my mom, there was a photo with her i had my headphones in and was listening to some giveon.

when my hand moves over the canvas it's almost like my mind is directing my hand without me, odd behaviour i know, but that's the way it is. my hand moves instinctively to the right spot of my mother's eyes. her south african essence really showed. she was beautiful.

i couldn't wait to show my teacher.

i'd only come across this polaroid photo when my dad brought out the album a few weeks ago.

in these fantastical worlds i see reflections of my own mind on the canvas. maybe it's the way i think, but there is something else there too. i don't know what, perhaps i just imagine it, but as well as music, when i paint i feel closest to my mom. when it struck 5:45, i decided to start getting ready. looking for clothes was hard for me; i literally had the dress sense of a frog and they don't even wear clothes. of course my wardrobe was filled with clothes but, i failed to buy winter clothes.

i wore a short sleeved black turtle neck along with a checkered tight skirt, it was just above my knees. it wasn't too short and it wasn't too high. i had black tights on, they were a bit see though and my shoes are...drum roll please:

you guessed it.

my dr. martens!

yeah, i loved those shoes. i let my hair fall down to my shoulders and played with it a bit. i'd already put in all the creams i needed too this morning so i didn't want to overload to.

"alexa." i called as the little black cylinder object turned on.

"play giveon, stuck on you." alexa started to play the song after saying her little speech. i had a lot of time to spear, owen wanted us at his house at 7:00 and it was now 6:10. the sun was setting and it was just nice to sit and watch it.l and listen to music. as the snow was falling infront of the sun, i saw a dark figure block my window. i squinted my eyes to see that it was charlie.

i smiled and walked over to the window. he had his north face jacket on, i think that kept him warm. he also wa swearing some baggy blue jeans and i couldn't see the shirt because his coat was zipped.

i opened the window and pulled him into my room.

"charlie, you don't have to always climb through my window." i tied to converse and he shut the window behind him.

"yeah, i know but where's the fun in that?" he replied, throwing his beanie to the side.

"plus i'm gonna need to practice if i'm gonna be sneaking into your room soon." he said and i caught my breath. he was getting a little too comfortable. i laughed at him, i used my laughter as a defence mechanism literally.

"get a hold of yourself gillespie." i commented sitting on my bed and unlocking my phone. after he took of his jacket, he walked over to my bed and sat on the edge of it. he sat closer to me. my fingers dragged through his hair as we sat on the edge of the hotel bed, watching the clouds move slowly across the orange sky.

his delicate yet rough fingers played with my other hand every now and then, and when he did so he would leave kisses on my knuckles. i looked down at him laying in my lap, just the thought of his gorgeous smile made my heart flutter.