Chapter Nineteen: ????

Mystery perspective, OOOOOH! And first-person, OOOOOOH!

*wheeze*

I'm moving on before I spoil something.

Spoil something... I'm sure the chapter itself will do that.

WC: ~360 (*slams head on table*)

Enjoy!

I glared at the mask in front of me. Pointed. Had a symbol on the front. They didn't want me to put it on, I knew that. If they did, they would have either put it on for me, or untied my hands so I could do it myself.

No, that mask wasn't there for me to wear.

It was there to remind me of how trapped I was.

I wasn't sure how long I had been here. I needed to get back, I was desperate. What were the rest of them doing? Were they okay? Did my sacrifice pay off? I didn't know.

But I wished I did.

A masked guard approached my cell. I sighed. I was sick of masked guards. Looking closer at this one, he shared a physical quality with me, but so did many of them. 

"Who are you?" I asked as he stopped at my cell. 

"Xanthus," the Watcher said carefully. I blinked. I hadn't expected a response.

"Oh, well, I'm-" I started.

"I already know who you are," Xanthus cut me off briskly. "I'm here for a reason." I raised an eyebrow.

"And that reason would be?" I prompted him. 

"I want to make a deal," his voice was calm. Cold. Even dangerous.

"I'll help you get back to that server of yours, as long as you take me with you," 

I was shocked. Was this some kind of sick joke? No Watcher had ever spoken to me, let alone offered to help me escape. Why would he want to help me get back to Hermitcraft? And why would he want to go himself? Was this a trap?

"Deal,"

I didn't know I was saying the word until it was said. I had a deal with a Watcher. 

"You're not like the others," I pointed out as he smiled.

"No," Xanthus admitted. "I'm not exactly supposed to be a Watcher. And I'm not a very good one."

"I think that's a good thing," I remarked. "Being a bad Watcher," Xanthus grinned.

"True," he agreed. "So, shall we start making a plan?" I couldn't help but smile back.

"Of course," I replied. 

"Excellent," he said. "We'll start tomorrow."

"I'll see you later, Etho."

EEEEEETHO?! EVIL XISUUUUUUUUMA? 

Yep! Credits to Juicealyn, who's theory about EX was half right, half wrong. No one guessed Etho, though!

(Juice, when I saw your comment I FREAKED OUT I KID YOU NOT I WAS LIKE HOW-)

-Storm