Chapter Two: Grian

This chapter is a chapter. Good day.

Okay, but this actually made me smile so much while I was writing. I had to take a deep breath occasionally, and if I could have written this outside, I would've. Too cold for that, though.

WC: ~1440 (waaaaaay better than LAST chapter)

Ihavenothingelsetosay.

Enjoy!

Grian woke up with a groan. His head was throbbing, and the colors around him blurred together. Grian's vision adjusted to see... grass?

Grass? Grian grabbed some of it in his fist, exhaling as he felt it. Grass is something that everyone knows the feeling of. Grass feels a little rough, a little soft, and the blades are smooth. 

It had been months since Grian had felt grass.

Grian pulled himself up, onto his knees, and looked around. Trees, flowers, grass, water. The air was thicker than he was used to, but comforting in a way.

How did I get here? Grian wondered. There was no one there except for him. Did ⨅ᒷリᔑ put me here? Why? Grian stood up and focused on his body's state.

Pain.

In his wings.

In his head.

Everywhere.

Grian groaned again as the wave of pain hit him. Grian's hand instinctively went up to rub his forehead, but he hit material, reminding the Watcher of his mask. Grian sighed, shaking out his wings.

Grian stood up again and cautiously began walking. The pain was overwhelming, and Grian fell multiple times. The full-body pain eventually calmed down, still there but mild. However, his right wing was still burning. Grian pulled it into a positon in which he could see it. It was bent, and Grian guessed it had broken. Awesome.

Grian crouched in the grass and picked up a blue flower. He gently twirled it in his fingers, noting the color. It was a vibrant blue, unlike the dry green-blue of the end portal frames. A soft smile came to Grian's face as he thought about how he had been thinking about how bland and colorless life was. Then, no less than ten minutes later, the stars had blessed him with color. So. Much. Color.

The pale blue of the sky. It practically glimmered in the bright light of the sun. The sun was often described as yellow, but Grian didn't really see that. The sun was like a ball of pure light. It shined dangerously, but its light was warm. 

Green. That was a common color in the overworld. The darker green of the tree's leaves. The brilliant green of the grass. The brown of the soil and bark matched with the greens. The dusty brown of the soil. The rich brown of the bark. 

And the flowers... dots of color littered the landscape. Red, blue, pink, yellow, purple, orange, all of them, they were everywhere. They were beautiful. Everything felt beautiful.

Until he heard a scream behind him.

Mesmerized by the scenery, he hadn't heard the sound of a portal.

He hadn't heard the footsteps.

He hadn't heard anything, until the sound ripped Grian away from his thoughts.

Grian jumped up and whipped around to see twenty or so people coming from a portal. The rift closed up behind them, but they didn't seem to notice.

"How did a Watcher get here?" One of them asked, panic in their accented voice. Grian couldn't tell who said it.

"I don't know!" Another voice, with a different accent.