Chapter Thirty-One: Grian

See, this is why it's important NOT to take unneeded breaks! I got a chapter done in like forty minutes! Magic!

WC:~ 600 (sorry ahaha)

Enjoy!

Everything was black.

A sickening, dizzying black.

What happened?

A memory.

Grian grabbed onto the fragment of thought, replaying the events.

An enderman.

You would think that someone who grew up in the End would know to avoid them.

Guess not. 

Another fragment of a memory drifted by.

Grian reached out to grab it, but was shocked when it sent an electric sensation through him.

What?

With the previous memory-thought-type-thing, grabbing it had been just as easy as grabbing a solid object.

This one was like trying to grab electric air.

Fueled with unreasonable and unexplainable determination, he reached out again.

No electric shock this time, just what felt like a glitch.

This memory isn't supposed to be here.

Curious, he tried grabbing it one more time.

And the blackness was sucked away.

"Kneel," Zena spat. "We have a task for you, Xelqua." Grian fought back his fear. 

"How may I serve you?" Grian asked, obediently kneeling. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Zena and two unfamiliar figures.

Cold realization dawned on him.

Those people weren't Watchers.

Grian had never seen a normal player before the attack that day, and they were still new to him.

Someone, other than himself, who didn't have pure black or white hair?

A wingless player?

Odd.

He had, however, seen another normal player only around ten minutes ago.

They had just attacked a server.

Grian had the honor of coming.

He sent a couple of blasts, one of which took two players on the first hit, and one more when another Watcher sent down a second blast in the same place.

He had locked away one of the ones he had taken: a white-haired ninja who didn't stop screaming about 'beef'.

Peculiar. 

He couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt, remembering his crazed, tear-broken expression.

But it was all for the best.

And as for the other Grian had taken, he wasn't sure what had happened to him. 

The two figures in front of him weren't too remarkable, looking rather normal. They were both bound with rope and chains, unable to move or speak.

"These two have tried to escape twice," Zena growled. "So we're sending them to a prison they can never escape."

"And what does that have to do with me?" Grian asked, noting the fear written on the two figures' faces.

"We are going to trap them in your mindspace," Zena said softly. "And you won't be able to help them, because you won't remember this. We're going to put their spirits in your mindspace, and then wipe your memory so that they are stuck in there forever."

Grian couldn't do anything.

All he could do was close his eyes and endure the pain as the process began.

The muffled screaming sent daggers into his soul.

The un-muffled screaming of his own.

The last thing he heard before he blacked out was Zena's voice.

"Sleep well, Xelqua. You won't remember a thing."

Grian jerked out of the memory with a gasp.

That memory was erased.

That's how Bdubs and Keralis got into my mindspace!

How did I just remember that?

I suppose... the force of my head slamming on the endstone reset my memory?

Whatever happened, I'm thankful for it.

"Grian!" 

The Watcher pulled out of the blackness at the voice, using it as an anchor.

"I-Iskall?" his voice was a whisper. 

"Oh thank god, you're awake," Iskall breathed as Grian's surroundings focused. "I used the healing potion that was in the boat on ya."

"Good thing you thought to grab it," Grian mumbled, rubbing his pulsing head. The memory of what he had seen washed over him, and he grabbed Iskall's hands.

"Iskall, I saw a lost memory of mine," he said urgently. "I know how Bdubs and Keralis got into my mindspace. And because I know how they got it..."

"Maybe I can get them out."

*gasp*

-Storm