Chapter Twenty-Four: Grian

Guys guess what? It's the coolest thing. This chapter is really short, as usual, but I like... don't hate it.

*everyone gasps dramatically*

I KNOW, RIGHT?!

WC: ~615

Enjoy!

Searing pain.

Burning agony.

Wild tortuous stinging.

That was all that Grian felt.

His vision blurred as the Watcher tried to open his eyes, before squeezing them shut again in defeat. A migraine blared behind his eyes, like a rabid beast tearing apart his head from the inside out.

"Oh, you're awake," Grian forced his eyes open to look at the speaker, even though he already knew the voice.

Doc.

Great.

The robotic creeper crouched in front of Grian, a snarl on his face. Grian blinked a couple of times, waiting for the world to clear up. He was, from what he could tell, tied to a tree. Looking behind him, his wings were bound together, and his hands were cuffed with rope, as well as tied firmly to the trunk of the tree. His wrists were bleeding, and it looked like someone had cut them. To prevent magic. Pushing past the pain, he turned to face Doc.

"What happened?" was the first question that came to mind. He already knew the answer, but that didn't matter.

"What happened is the inevitable," Doc growled. "A backstab, done by none other than the only traitor in our midst." 

"You've got the wrong story," Grian snapped. "I was possessed-"

"Oh, sure," Doc spat. "Of course you were." Grian glared at the sarcastic hybrid. 

"It happens," Grian lashed out defensively. "Watchers can invade minds. Usually it's just used to send messages, but if one is strong enough, it can be used for possession." Doc rolled his eyes.

"I don't want to hear your little magic-mind-trickery excuses," he flashed, obviously disbelieving. Grian narrowed his eyes, focusing on Doc's energy. The process was extremely draining for most Watchers, but some like Zena had enough training to break in effortlessly. Grian was not like Zena, and he felt like he had just ran a mile once he was finally able to transmit, 

Is this just a 'little magic-mind-trick'?

Doc jumped out of his skin at the voice, cracking a smile from Grian. It was an odd sensation when you weren't used to it, having someone else's voice speak inside of your own head.

"What. Was. That," he snarled, earning another smirk from Grian. 

"See, now I think you see where I'm coming from," he pointed out. "If I can speak inside of your head, wouldn't a stronger Watcher be able to take over mine?" Doc looked like he was actually considering it, making Grian's spirits soar.

"Alright, Watcher," he finally said. "Makes enough sense. But this server has a Watcher-proof blocking, in case you've forgotten. Possession, sure. But on this server? Absolutely not." Grian froze.

He had forgotten this server was Watcher-proof.

So how...

No.

"I might pass out, don't worry about me," Grian warned. He knew exactly what he had to do.

Well, not exactly.

Actually, far from it. 

But it was worth a shot.

Before Doc could even reply, Grian pulled back and let the darkness take control.

To the mindspace he went. 

Grian felt like he was wading in cobwebs. Sticking to the darkness. Barely able to pull through it. He pushed through, though. He knew exactly what he was looking for. 

The center. 

Well, 'center', so to speak. 

More like 'core'.

'Heart'.

'Cortex'.

Something like that.

He was certain that, if she were there, he'd find Zena there. 

Pain flared like wildfires, the smoke of agony wafting through the air in his head. 

He wanted to stop.

Leave.

Pull it all in and never release the beast inside of him again.

But he couldn't.

Wouldn't.

Not until he found Zena and made sure she never came back.

He couldn't have her camping his mind.

He couldn't let what had happened occur again.

No. More.

That's what he told himself. 

And then... he stumbled across something.

A wisp of white and a wisp of blue.

What?

Wattpad: Storm, how many cliffhangers will you leave?
Me: Yes.

-Storm