41

Valeria

"I'm still confused as to why couldn't we stay with my mother? You booked a hotel for absolutely no reason. I'm just convinced you like spending money." Willow says, once we get to the hotel room. Spontaneously I decided to book a flight to New York for my sisters birthday because I just couldn't miss it. She was turning 12 and she's been talking about her birthday since last year, thinking that I'd be here, but I moved to L.A so she's been thinking I wouldn't be able to make it.

I honestly wasn't going to book a flight because I didn't think I'd they'd have any open seats, but two nights ago I found some tickets and here we are.

"I didn't want to risk anyone seeing us, with us both living in the same building and all. Plus your mom cannot lie to my mother for some reason." I say. "Well that's because they've been best friends for years and they know each other like the back of their hands." Willow states, matter of factly. She does have a point.

Currently it was 12:25 pm in New York so we decided that we'll shower and hang around the city for a little while before going to my parents house around 6.

It was a little chilly today, but not as cold as I knew it could get in New York so I decided to wear a forest green mock neck crop top with a black skirt and my brown leather jacket. I paired it with a fake snake skin shoulder bag and a pair of these cute heels that I found in my closet. Only thing is, I knew I wasn't going to wear those until I got to my parents house for the party so I decided to wear these boots that came to my calf's.

We took the train to the apartment building me and Willow grew up in and took my car from the garage, making it easier for us to travel around.

We went to a lot of the touristy sites that we usually would never go to, mainly because as a New Yorker it's not something we do. Willow and me decided that we were going to buy Violet more gifts for her birthday so we went to a forever 21 and bought her a shit ton of stuff that we knew she'd like. Willow was a only child so the closest thing she had to a little sister was Violet and to an older sister, was my other sister Serena.

We all grew up together because our parents were close and we basically took Willow in with us.

So Willow does everything in her power to spoil Violet when she can and I honestly think it's the sweetest thing. She was more excited to my family than her own, so when I said I wanted to book the flight to New York she was ready and had her bag packed in like an hour.

"Okay, so do you think she'll like the cropped shirt that has the collar on it? I got it thinking that you both have the same style." Willow questions, once we are back in the car.

"Yeah, Vi wears shit like that often when she takes photos." I say, pulling out of my parking space.

We were somewhat close to our parents' apartment building and it was around 6:15. It was only going to take probably 10 minutes to drive their so I took my time driving.

"Imagine we saw Mason here." Willow speaks up when I finally pull up to the block.

"Why would you even say that?" I question, confused.

"I don't know. It just popped up in my head. Like we all used to hang around here and like you haven't seen him in a year? I would love to hurt him, is what I'm saying." When me and Mason broke up, it was bad. I came to Willow first, scared to go to my mother and father because they're my parents and they tend to be more scary about manipulative and abusive boyfriends. But little did I know that I awoke a beast when I came to Willow.

She called him and basically threatened his whole life and his family, which wasn't the smartest decision because he tried pressing charges against her, but since it was all an open threat they just left it alone and plus we were underaged.