70

Valeria

Waking up the next morning, I didn't feel different.

For me it was like any other day, just now I was a year older than yesterday. Last year, or even two years ago on this day, if you would've told me that when I turned 19 I'd be celebrating my birthday with a group of people who loved me and actually appreciated me, I would've laughed.

I never allowed myself to be loved by others because I never saw myself as someone worth loving. Mason made sure of that.

So when it came to celebrating birthdays, or hanging with close friends, I never did it. Only thing I would celebrate was holidays and that's because I was with my family and felt loved during those times.

I hadn't celebrated my birthday since I was 15 years old because it was either my family not having it to celebrate that special occasion, or later it being the fact that I no longer felt the need to celebrate it. But this year was different because I finally had people around me who wanted to celebrate me.

It was weird, but a nice feeling...

I was snapped from my thoughts when my bedroom door bursted open, with Willow barging in recording me on her phone.

"Happy Birthday to youuuu! Happy birthday to youuuu! Happy birthday! Happy birthdayyyyyy! Happy birthday to youuuuu!!!" She sung, in her worst singing voice ever.

I couldn't help but laugh at her, as I sat up in my bed, holding my heart.

"Y'all it's my best friends birthday and I just wanted y'all to know that! She's 19 today so you already know she's getting fucked up!!!" She cheered, as I shook my head repeatedly.

"Mom if you're watching she's just kidding!!"

"No I'm not Momma Montoyaaa!" She said before ending the video on posting it.

"You're a fucking headache. And it's only... 11 am!" I laughed looking from the clock to her.

"Uh, yeah! It's because it's your birthday and we have to get ready because we're going out to brunch! And then you have dinner with your stupid boyfriend." She smiled at me.

"Hey! He's not stupid he's very loving." I defended.

"You know what, I take it back. He is very loving because last night when I got in, I had him and Nick help me out with a few things in the kitchen so I would love for you to brush your teeth and then come check it out?" She proposed, to which I nodded my head.

Walking into my bathroom, I turned on the water, grabbing my toothbrush and wetting it before putting on the toothpaste and wetting it one last time before I got to brushing.

I stood there for a good 2-3 minutes brushing my teeth before I rinsed with some listerine and making my way out of my room.

When I got out, I automatically saw the island and kitchen covered with balloons and confetti that read 'Happy Birthday' in silver and gold lettering. Along the island was also three bags from three different shopping places. Places I could afford, but would never buy from because I never saw it being something I needed.

"Happy birthday!" She cheered, gesturing towards the bags.

"Willow... what did you do?! How much did this cost you!" I questioned, tears clouding my eyes.

"That doesn't matter. I got you this stuff because it's your birthday and I knew that you wouldn't buy this stuff for yourself so I decided to spoil you... and I might've went overboard but who cares? I love you." She responds, making my heart hurt.

I couldn't help the tears that escaped my eyes, as I looked at all the stuff in front of me. "Willow, you didn't have to. Thank you so much." I cried, making her tear up as well.