46

Vinnie

"Valeria, it's not what you think. She is just a friend of mine who came to visit as a surprise. Please I need you to listen to me... Call me back when you get the chance." I huff out, hanging up the phone.

Everything was just one big misunderstanding. Lily is a friend of mine who came to surprise me because she saw everything that went down online with the whole Mason and Valeria thing. She was the one who was telling me to listen to Valeria and giver her another chance but I fucked that all up big time.

"Do you want me to talk to her? Maybe I can try and get her to understand that I'm not here to cause anymore problems in your relationship." Lily speaks up from my bed.

"I personally don't think that's the best idea when she thinks I'm cheating on her with you. But thank you for trying." I tell her.

She just shrugs her shoulders not saying anything else.

I sit down at my desk, opening up snapchat to see if she's posted anything new. Surprisingly she did, but it made me sad because she posted a picture of her red face, stained with tears. She captioned it, "better days are coming" and it made me want to drive to her house and tell her how much I love her and how I'd never mess up our relationship for another girl. But she wasn't trying to hear me right now, but I get it because I did the same shit to her and now look where that got us.

"You don't even live here! Why are you bursting through the house like you own the place!?" I hear Patrick yell from outside my bedroom door.

"I just want to talk to him!" I hear another voice yell.

In seconds my door swings open and I see a furious Willow burst through my room. "Who the fuck... is that." She says pointing towards Lily.

"Fuck. She's my friend Willow! My friend who came to L.A to surprise me and nothing more." I say, hopping in front of her, blocking her and Lily.

"Hi." Lily speaks up from her spot on the bed.

"Do you know how heartbroken Valeria has been the past few days? I've been trying to save your ass for too fucking long Vinnie. You need to do something about this shit. Oh and nice going with the, 'If you're going to break up with me for Mason make it quick' comment. You really know how treat a lady." Willow snaps.

"I didn't mean it. I-I just thought that it's what she would want. I don't know what could've been going through her head once she came back from New York. She was so adamant on defending Mason that i though he must've swooned her into loving him again. I rather be let down quick then have someone tell me the details of them not loving me anymore." I tell her.

"You sound so stupid right now. If I'm being honest with you, Valeria has always loved you more than she ever let on. The only reason you never saw it was for the simple fact that she was with Mason. I've been pushing for her to break up with him for you for ages because I saw the way she looked at you and I saw how much you wanted her. But then you got with Emily and she stayed with Mason until he fucked that up. Once he fucked their relationship up, it was over for them. Valeria tells me nonstop how in love she is with you, but you let her one little mistake dictate the future of your relationship? Because to me that's a bit fucked for the simple fact that she took you back after you humiliated her."

Willow was right.

I was being selfish, and not seeing that my relationship with Valeria was something that I'm not just willing to throw away.

I love Valeria, and I'm stupid for thinking that she'd ever leave me for a person who's never been the right one for her.

But the thing is, I didn't know how I was going to win her back when I've already fucked up so badly. "Willow I don't know what to do anymore. I can't just pop up and write her another public apology, expecting her to forgive me again." I say, feeling defeated.