56

Valeria

Leaving Seattle completely sucked.

It was like an escape from all the madness that occurred in California, but now we were on our way back.

Well we've been on our way back, we were now only an hour out from where I lived.

The drive had been relatively quiet and I know it's because Vinnie was starting to feel homesick. The time we had in Seattle was probably the best time we've had all year and now that it had ended it brought us back to our reality.

I tried stringing up some conversation with him but he was being real short about it, so I just stopped talking.

But then Willow called me.

"Hey, what's up?" I say, putting my AirPods into my ear.

"Hey, where are you?" Willow says. She was in our kitchen making herself a hot chocolate because of her hatred for coffee. "Uh, we're on the 101 now. Probably 35 minutes away from the apartment." I say looking out the window. "How's Vinnie? He hasn't made any smart remarks yet." She laughs making me crack a slight smile.

"He's doing okay, but he could be better...I know when he's not feeling his best, even if he doesn't want to tell me." I reply, turning my head to look at Vinnie.

He doesn't reply still, he just looks out the opposite window to avoid eye contact making me shake my head.

"He's missing home? Oh fuck I forgot he's not going to be able to see his family for thanksgiving right? He's like busy that whole week." Willow realizes, making me nod my head.

"Well maybe we should do something. Like book him a flight to New York so he can come with us for thanksgiving..." Willow throws out there suddenly. It made my eyes widen for a moment because I never thought about him having to meet my family before. I know my mom has been dying to meet him but I was more so worried about my father who hates the fact that I even date.

He's been extremely protective over me this past year and when he found out I was dating again he almost broke his #1 dad of the year mug.

He wasn't mad but he wasn't happy. And personally I don't know how my dad would feel about a new member being added to our dinner.

"I'll have to see about that one. You already know how my dad is." I tell her, making sure Vinnie doesn't suspect anything.

"Oh Please! He has to get over it. You're about to be 19 years old! He can't be so controlling over who you're dating anymore."

"But you know why he's that way, Willow. You remember what happened, and I cant change his mind on something once it's already set." I shrug. "True but that was Masons stupid decision, why wouldn't he like Vinnie?" She questions.

"I might've... told him... some things from a couple of months ago." I say, making her crack out the biggest laugh ever.

"Oh my god! Valeria!! Oh so he hates him, hates him huh?"

"I wouldn't say that, I would say that that he just didn't agree with his past decisions and probably doesn't really take that much of a liking to him now." I try sugarcoating it, but the truth is my dad just doesn't like him. I've tried to make him see Vinnie in a different light but until my dad meets him himself, he won't believe a word I say.

"Well I still feel like it's about time Vinnie needs your parents. Your dad won't hate him completely if he met him in person. Vinnie was stupid a couple of months ago but even I could tell you he definitely changed. Book him that ticket sis, and talk to your mom tonight. See you when you get here bestie." Willow says, before blowing me a kiss and hanging up.