50

Twitter

vinniehacker I'm stealing Valeria for week :) we going to Washington Baby!!
1,932 comments 3,882 retweets 8,254 likes

valeriamont im so nervous for Washington... wish me luck y'all 💖
2,892 comments 4,291 retweets 8,202 likes

__________________________________

Valeria

I don't really know how it happened but Vinnie convinced me to go on a spontaneous trip to Washington.

He insisted that we could use a break from our social media lives and I honestly couldn't agree more. I was finally starting to understand that no matter what, this was my life and I might as well enjoy it and get away when I can.

So that's why we were road tripping it to WA instead of flying. He said it would be more memorable and something we can cherish for a while.

It sounded like something straight out of a rom com but I didn't mind.

"Are you sure you don't want me to drive... it's a long road trip... 17 hours to be exact." I say looking over to him. He had one hand on the steering wheel, sitting back comfortably. His beanie was clinging to his head, with a few of his dirty blonde curls peeking through the bottom. He looked so content and in his glory but I didn't want him to be like this for so long.

"I'm fine baby. We're stopping in Oregon over night, I'm not gonna drive the whole 17hrs. It's impossible." He says, gripping my knee reassuringly.

All of that and we still hadn't even left California yet. I've never been a west coast girl, so I've always underestimated how big of a state Cali was... That was until we were like 5 hours in driving over the Golden Gate Bridge in San Fran.

My fear of driving over bridges definitely got the best of me because as soon as I saw how high up we were compared to the nothingness but water down below us, I completely freaked. "V-Vinnie! Drive slower you're going way to fast." I stutter out. My grip on the arm rest only became tighter due to my immense fear. "I can't drive slower Valeria. Everyone has to drive at the same speed limit." Vinnie looks over at me for a quick second and sees how scared I look so he places his hand in my lap.

I grasp his hand, shutting my eyes tightly.

It felt like forever that I had my eyes closed but after a good amount of time I finally opened them and we were off the bridge.

"See baby... You had nothing to be scared of."

"I had everything to be scared of. That bridge is scary. I don't know how they showed it on full house making it look so not scary." I say, lifting my legs up to sit criss crossed.

Vinnie laughs, shaking his head before he goes back to holding the steering wheel with both hands.

***

We still were around 8 hours out before we landed in our destination in Oregon, so I pulled out my favorite comfort book, The Catcher in The Rye. It was such a classic and the meaning behind the story was always touching to me.

I hadn't even realized that I was so infatuated with the book until I looked out the window and saw that it was pitch dark outside, with only the street lights illuminating the street. "Shit, how long do we have?" I say, closing the book. "We're not that far from Eugene, Oregon so I say we just stay the night in a hotel there and we'll be good for the rest of our drive to Washington in the morning." He says, running his hands over his face.