10

Valeria

"I feel like we've been in this situation before, but what the fuck was that whole situation with Emily commenting on Vinnie's post about? She was all like 'aww text me' blah blah." Dixie questions. It was Thursday night and we decided to have a little girls sleep over at her apartment with Charli, Amelie, Avani and Sienna.

"Yeah... I saw it on tiktokroom. Everyone in the comments were confused." Sienna speaks up, Amelie and Avani following behind her.

"I honestly don't know, and neither do I wanna talk about it right now." I mumble, as I unpack the bag of groceries. I always do this. Every time something happens; I try to ignore it like it never occurred and then I get all sad when I start to think about it in days to follow. "You always do that! You know you're allowed to have feelings and you know, talk about stuff." Avani piped up.

"Yeah! Tell us how you feel. We're your closest friends and do you know what close friends do? They help each other out when they go through relationship problem." Amelie says, walking over to hug me. "Y'all I seriously don't even know that the fuck is going on. Me and Vinnie are completely fine, I mean he has been acting a little irritated, but when I ask what's wrong he tells me that they boys keep getting on his case about us and calling him a simp or whatever so he's fed with them. I don't even know where this whole thing with Emily even came from. I mean I thought they were talking, but he told me they aren't and I believe him."

"Yeah Blake did tell me that the guys keep getting on him about stuff so I totally see what you're saying." Amelie states.

"What kind of stuff?" Dixie ask.

"He didn't really go into detail, he legit just told me he's going through 'stuff'."

I don't say anything, I just continue to unpack the bag, wondering who bought a box of Kraft Mac and cheese. "Who bought this? This is gross." I finally say. "I did, and it is not gross, you're gross." Charli says, defensively. She grabs the box of Mac and cheese quickly, and shoves it in the nearest cabinet. "That doesn't go there! I showed you were to put shit like that Charli!" Dixie yells.

"Someone has OCD." I mumble, laughing at Dixie. "Hahah it's so funny." She mocks me, causing everyone to laugh.

After another minute of silence Sienna speaks up.

"I still feel that's weird though. Emily has been commenting on his post a lot recently, and before when they weren't talking she unfollowed him. But now, everything's different. I personally think you should ask him." She states. "I-I don't think that's a big deal though right? Like Emily would've told me if her and Vinnie were talking again, but they aren't. Trust me you have nothing to worry about." Amelie cuts in before I could even speak. Dixie gives her a weird look, Charli following suit. Amelie was the only one out of our friend group who's friends with Emily. She did meet her before she met me so I understand her loyalty.

"Yeah, I just think we're overthinking it. Vinnie hasn't given me any reason to think he's lying so I trust him. 100%." I tell them. Part of me felt that , that statement was true and the other part of me doubted that. Why? I don't know.. but I honestly don't know anything anymore when it comes to boys and why they act the way they do.

"Okay... Let's make brownies!"

***

Later that night

It was around 10pm when we decided to spontaneously drive to In & Out burger. I hadn't heard from Vinnie all day, and frankly I wasn't worried about it either. I've always been that kind of person who won't look for others especially if they don't look for me. However I could never do that to Dixie or Charli because they'll call me non stop until I answer back, but I love that about them because I need that.